Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

royal dublin fusiliers, can anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• royal dublin fusiliers, can anyone help?

Hello,

I am new to the forum.
    I am trying to find out about a battle in which the 2nd R.D.F's fought between approx 22nd October 1916 and the 25th October 1916, the battle of the Ancre heights. I would like to know if anyone can point me in the direction of trench maps, accounts etc, anything which would help. All I know of this battle is trench names like " hazy trench"?.
    I have tried for many years to research my grandfathers war service and it has been a long road as the information was not available many years ago and the fact that the regiment was disbanded did not help.

I would appreciate any help gentlemen, thanks.

celestine

One of herr flick's ancestors was a Dublin Fusilier but he was killed at Gallipoli. However I know that flick got a few pages of the battalion war diary and his ancestors record from Kew so he might be able to help.
    sigpic
    Say NO to violence against Women

Originally posted by hedgehog
    My favourite moment was when the
    Originally posted by hedgehog
    red headed old dear got a smack on her ginger head

Comment

Isn't there a Royal Dublin Fusiliers Association?
      "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

2nd battallion was painted at a shrine 1915 before neuve chapelle its haunting"the last absolution of the munsters"see it on google images.
        "The tide doesn't come up for another six hours, you want to wait around here for another six hours ?"

Comment

Working...
        X