PDA

View Full Version : Bray Airshows

Head
28th January 2005, 20:14
Anybody have any information on the airshow thats planned for Bray this August?

http://www.brayairshow.com/

Boomer
29th January 2005, 00:30
Anybody have any information on the airshow thats planned for Bray this August?

There was talk of this last year, and the year before etc, I will believe it when I see it :)

DeV
31st January 2005, 15:51
I know a few people from Bray and they haven't heard anything about, given that the nearest concrete runway would be Dublin Airport / Baldonnel, I'd says it's unlikely

futurepilot
31st January 2005, 16:17
I know a few people from Bray and they haven't heard anything about, given that the nearest concrete runway would be Dublin Airport / Baldonnel, I'd says it's unlikely
How would that make a difference? Theres no runway in Salthill.

DeV
31st January 2005, 16:19
True I suppose

Goldie fish
31st January 2005, 17:55
How would that make a difference? Theres no runway in Salthill.
There is however a decent runway less than 5 busy miles away....

Slacker
31st January 2005, 19:49
Typical Dubliners, always trying to take what the Wesht has............

DeV
31st January 2005, 20:18
Bray ISN'T in Dublin!!!!!

Gasplug
31st January 2005, 20:48
Its in wickla,Though many snobby dubs moved in there and have basically turned it into an add on to dublin! oh yea and st gerards rugby is crap!

Goldie fish
31st January 2005, 20:57
Bray= Continuity Dublin

futurepilot
31st January 2005, 23:01
There is however a decent runway less than 5 busy miles away....
As opposed to 3 airports in the dublin area.Also, half the aircraft at the Salthill airshow fly up from Shannon while the Air Corps ones except the Allouettes fly from the Don.

Joshua
23rd February 2005, 23:44
The site has been updated:

Slacker
24th February 2005, 14:01
BOOOO!!!!!!!!!! HISSSSS!!!!!

Seriously, even thought I'm a Galway man, and it was grea that my native county held the only major airshow in the country for a few years, it's fantastic that there'll now be TWO great airshows on the Irish calendar

Dave Scully
25th February 2005, 00:09
Good Evening All,

Iam the organiser for the Bray International Airshow, we recieved permission to stage the event from Bray Town Council in early Jan and all is planned for 21st Aug 2005.
We had a slight setback with the Dart service not running W/ends in the summer months but Min D.Roche has kindly sorted this out and the line will open for the W/end of the 20th and 21st for the show.

The event is been run in conjunction with the charity Chernobyl Childrens Project and will act as a public awareness and fundraising platform.

There was a show planned for 2002 (small event Red Bull aerobatic team) but there was problems with funding etc and it was being organised by a local group of biz people.

Regards

Dave Scully
www.brayairshow.com

PS great website

DeV
15th August 2005, 14:17
Bump

pym
15th August 2005, 14:36
Any information on whether the Spitfire will be flying over from Britain for the display or be based in Baldonnel?

Would be nice to see a PC-9/Spitfire formation :wink:

yellowjacket
15th August 2005, 15:07
Hopefully the Spit wouldn't make a show of the PC9.

I thought the Red Arrows were coming to Bray as well?

yellowjacket
15th August 2005, 15:55
Yeah, saw that on their site, earlier in the year though, when they did Abbeyshrule, there was a mention of Bray too, wonder did it fall through?

DeV
15th August 2005, 16:13
There is still talk that the Red Arrows may be available. But it depends on timing, weather, etc (at least that is the gossip).

DeV
20th August 2005, 15:03
Bray Seafront
Sunday 21st, August 2005
3pm – 6pm
Show Frequency: 121.75 MHz

DARTs will be running today & tomorrow
Most of the roads going in the direction of the seafront will be closed
Limited parking will be available (beware its limited at the best of times)

Displays:

Beech 18
Former IAC Spitfire
Utterly Butterly Wing Walkers
Aero Stars
Extra Elite
RNLAF PC-7
IAC PC-9
IAC CN-235
IAC Dauphin II
IAC Gazelle
IAC Alouette III
IAC Learjet 45
IAC Super King Air
ICG S-61N
Aer Arann ATR 72
Jet Provost
Extra 200
Military equipment

Helicopter pleasure flights will be available

http://www.weather.ie/forecasts/regional.asp?Prov=Leinster

Boomer
21st August 2005, 00:00
Folks

The Red Arrows had to cancel as they could not get the height they required (so I am told), Apparantly they require 10k feet and could only get 7500 feet and for safety reasons withdrew from the show.

I will be there tomorrow in one of the ambulances (most likely) if you want to find me (there are only 7 to knock on the window of!)

DeV
22nd August 2005, 17:55
Did anyone go?
What did you think of it?

I only saw about an hour of it as I was working but from what I saw it was fairly good.

The weather wasn't great.
The guy doing the PA didn't always know what was going on.
There was some long pauses with nothing happening.
The S-61N had to cut its display short due to a real incident.
There wasn't alot to do, when there wasn't a aircraft doing a display.

But a large number of people were there and seemed to enjoy it.
It was for charity.
The first time an ex-AC Spitfire was flown in Ireland at a display since they were retired.
From what I saw of it, the AC helicopter demo was excellent.
With any luck they will reform the Silver Swallows using the PC-9s, their 4 aircraft display was very good.

Well done to the organisers, with any luck it could turn into an annual event.

HavocIRL
22nd August 2005, 20:42
Army display was the shiznit. Will never forget the look in the PDF privates eyes as I shocked him with my knowledge and expert handling of the steyr and the sound of laughter as I opened up the 203 and a dummy grenade dropped out onto the ground.

Goldie fish
22nd August 2005, 20:46
Army display was the shiznit. Will never forget the look in the PDF privates eyes as I shocked him with my knowledge and expert handling of the steyr and the sound of laughter as I opened up the 203 and a dummy grenade dropped out onto the ground.

You are quite the working class hero. I bet no member of the Reserves ever done that at an army weapons display stand before.

Boomer
22nd August 2005, 21:05
I was there, working of course in charge of one of the medical posts, so didnt get much of a chance to watch the show. I did spot Frank hovering in the crowds taking pics but didnt get a chance to run over and say hi!

hedgehog
23rd August 2005, 00:28

The display was by 2 Bn- and the look in the Pte's eyes was more than likely pity and a modicum of restraint in that he probably wanted to shove the Steyr so far up you that you could brush your teeth and clean the muzzzle at the same time

morpheus
23rd August 2005, 11:21

You should be Demoted to G1... actually i wont insult G1's with that but how the f*ck were you allowed to handle a steyr and 203 so badly?

HavocIRL
23rd August 2005, 21:08
Could happen to anyone. How was I meant to know there would be a dummy round in it?

Boomer
23rd August 2005, 21:33
Could happen to anyone. How was I meant to know there would be a dummy round in it?

Arent you always supposed to assume its loaded when doing safety checks.....

HavocIRL
23rd August 2005, 22:23
Jesus Christ its a display, I made a mistake, CHARGE ME!!!

hedgehog
23rd August 2005, 23:19
not to worry havoc - we get people like that all the time, experts

as I shocked him with my knowledge and expert handling of the steyr

boy do we have a good laugh about it afterwords- there is a generic term we use it rhymes with sick bed

Roger McGee
23rd August 2005, 23:30
I bet that private was thinking 'phew, good think I didn't put that live round in there'. :rolleyes: Some of you people spend way to much time behind computers.

I know sweet **** all about the 203 but I'd imagine that 'opening it up' is probably part of your safety precautions. Hence the round coming out.

hptmurphy
23rd August 2005, 23:32
whsts the first thing you do with any weapon...carry out safety assume.. and never assume

Big Al
24th August 2005, 00:06
I was there, working of course in charge of one of the medical posts, so didnt get much of a chance to watch the show. I did spot Frank hovering in the crowds taking pics but didnt get a chance to run over and say hi!

indeed, you looked very very busy......

http://www.orderofmaltabray.ie/omagh_comps8.jpg

Silver
24th August 2005, 00:42
I was there and overall it was a good show.

However, I would have liked to see one of the PC-9's do a fast fly-past .....to show the crowds what they are capable of !

Roger McGee
24th August 2005, 05:05
whsts the first thing you do with any weapon...carry out safety assume.. and never assume

It was a display designed for the general public who've never heard of safetys and probably have to ask if it's a real gun before picking it up. Relax enjoy your day and stop trying to impress the big army man by all your infinite knowledge.

Boomer
3rd July 2007, 13:47
Folks

Once again there will be an Airshow in Bray on the 5th August starting at 3pm, Like salthill entry is free. For those travellng to it I would STRONGLY advise taking public transport where possible.

http://www.brayairdisplay.com/

Shane

Slacker
3rd July 2007, 17:11
Interesting.....

Good to see ye easterners getting in on the act.

Boomer
3rd July 2007, 17:13
Interesting.....

Good to see ye easterners getting in on the act.

Was one here before... Its not like its the first time weve done it.

Joshua
3rd July 2007, 17:14
God be with the days of thread merging...

na grohmiti
10th July 2019, 22:49
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WATCH: The Irish Air Corps puts RTÉ’s <a href="https://twitter.com/philipbromwell?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@philipbromwell</a> through his paces ahead of the Bray Air Display, which is due to take place later this month <a href="https://t.co/ectApEdw5n">pic.twitter.com/ectApEdw5n</a></p>&mdash; RTÉ News (@rtenews) <a href="https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1149016409365712897?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 10, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Poor Philip.

DeV
5th May 2020, 12:34
Bray Air Display 2020 is cancelled