Black Helicopter Circling Baldonnel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Helicopter Circling Baldonnel

Just talked to a mate of mine and he swears he saw a NH90 circling baldonnel, Are the IAC testing them in the search for a medium lift helicopter or is he off his head?

you never know....

I go past Baldonnel every morning and evening going to and from work and in nearly 10 months I have only ever seen 1 aircraft.....a CASA :(
    Last edited by Guest; 23 June 2003, 15:40.

Comment

People should go to http://www.irishairpics.com Frank's board and familiarise themselves wit the Irish civil aviation sector instead of jumping out of their skin every time they see a non IAC helicopter.
      It's the unfortunate truth that optimism does not pay off in the Irish defence forces.
      Last edited by Guest; 23 June 2003, 15:41.
      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Not jumping

Only asked... :(

Comment

Amazing how similar an S-92 looks to an NH-90, isn't it?

Comment

The true story about black helicopters:

Comment

aahhhha

It appears that my mate is shite a AR.., from another board.....

"Sikorsky over for the sake of it. They were in Aberdeen with it week before last, Paris airshow last week and I spied it over London on Saturday. One of those lets see who likes it jaunts. Really its a Look at what you could have had! run over here. Twas just confirmed there will be no medium-lifters for the Don."

can anybody shed some light on the last comment. Is the whole medium lifters idea gone the way of the pear completely, or will the tendering process be restarted at some stage?

Comment

i'm after hearing something quite bizzare in connection with black helicopters, near Bal'. my usual mate in Bal' is out sick at the moment.
                Seems the mystery Heli is, quote; 'a Super Puma/ Cougar in Irish Air Corps colours', apart from that, no comment!!!

For those in the know 'Neo' saw it too, but has not positively identified it.
                "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

From P.Doff on franks board......

"One of Sikorsky's S-92 prototypes is in the Don this week for evaluation and, wait for it, its green with a tricolour over each engine intake!!!!???
                  Very powerfull machine and suprisingly manouverable for its size. I managed to blag a flip in it and it was intresting to say the least, with the test pilot literally throwing aroun the sky at a scary low altitude(well it seemed low from inside!!).
                  I think half the camp got a go in it with it taking 12 at a time plus crew. (It can take more but wasnt configured for it!)
                  The rangers tagged along for a ride with their kit and even done a tactical deployment from it (The pilot offered to do nap of the earth stuff for them around the area but the Aircorps Col in the right hand seat said no!!!?)
                  I'll keep yis posted!! "

Cool or what

Comment

the comment on no medium lift helis refers to Rabbites statement at a raco comference or something..he hwas harping back to the decision to defer this contract,whick was later cancelled due to irregularities in the tender process,the fact that Eurocopter were going to sue..and the govt needed to reel in a bit of cash.
                    Nothing new in it.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I'm not trying to flame anyone over getting excited, I'm just warning that when you get your hopes up you most often get burned by some less than satisfactory explanation.
                      The most common being they were here for the weekend.
                      Does anyone think the Govt might actually buy H-92s as opposed to the civvy models?
                      "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

The Sikorsky pilot was a real nutter, according to my brother who actually got to go up in the thing, lucky B*****d!

Congrats to all in the 61st apptce Avionics class who passed out yesterday! :flagwave:

Comment

While we are on the subject, here's what the canadians thought

Meh.

Comment

"One of Sikorsky's S-92 prototypes is in the Don this week for evaluation and, wait for it, its green with a tricolour over each engine intake!!!!???"

From franks web site http://www.irishairpics.com/aircorps/index.html if our tri colour looks like that I think the the DF are in great shape.... Come on Stimpy....
                            were you really up in the S-92?!?!?!

Comment

sorry stimpy... P.Doff on franks board was the one got mixed up with his/her flags.

Comment

Working...
                              X