Irish Army Cammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Army Cammo

When the Army goes bush does it wear disrupted pattern uniforms?
    Hanno
    Hanno

Yes, its called DPM. the pattern name is still being debated as to what it is called, but for now lets just call it "irish" pattern.
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

The army wears the Irish DPM (tm) uniform as both Barrack dress and Tactical uniform, there is in effect one uniform for both purposes although it can be worn slightly differently, i.e the Shirt is theoretically to be worn as a summer cmbat jacket, I've never seen it done but I'm sure it wasused in Timor as the outer layer, albeit with sleeves blocked above the elbow.

"It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Winter / Summer Dress

Does anyone have that pull-out from Connect a few years ago which shows the various types of winter and summer dress? A scan / pdf file of it would be handy.

Comment

The DPM uniform replaced both the working dress and combat uniforms.

For pics of shirt being worn as outer most garment:

Bulldemboots! it was the March 2002 edition, "Reserve go DPM".

Combat dress - smock, trousers
          (Additional layers as required - thermal vest, t-shirt, shirt, jumper, fleece, norwegian)

Summer dress - t-shirt, shirt (outside trousers), trousers

Winter dress - t-shirt, shirt (tucked into trousers), jumper, rank markings on epaulettes

" * This centrespread is only a guide. Personnel must adhere to current dress regulations, which are available from your unit HQ."

Comment

Originally posted by T.I.M.
            Yes, its called DPM. the pattern name is still being debated as to what it is called, but for now lets just call it "irish" pattern.

Paddyflage.
            To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

The D.p.m We Use Is Based On The Curragh Surrounding.
              Its To Dark For Outside Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by MORTAR DAN
                The D.p.m We Use Is Based On The Curragh Surrounding.
                Its To Dark For Outside Ireland.
                Which is why the DF wear it overseas & the Serbians & French wear a pattern almost identical
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

it seemed to blend in pretty well in East Timor and Liberia
                  Dr. Venture: Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?

Dr. Venture: Dean, you smell like a whore

Comment

Originally posted by mutter nutter
                    it seemed to blend in pretty well in East Timor and Liberia
                    The stuff we had in EM was the old paler pattern, before they brought in the new darker stuff, and it blended in like magic; even better when it had faded after a few washes. DAN is right to say that the darker pattern isn't as good as the old stuff, but it's a bit strong to say that it's "useless outside Ireland".

Comment

Originally posted by bulldemboots!
                      Does anyone have that pull-out from Connect a few years ago which shows the various types of winter and summer dress? A scan / pdf file of it would be handy.
                      I managed to get a photocopy of that poster. I've uploaded it to the site. Here's the link to download it. Sorry for the poor quality, I scanned a photocopy.

Comment

Working...
                      X