PDA

View Full Version : naval reunion

moggy
9th March 2008, 16:56
well i would like to thank all those who attended the naval past and present function this weekend - some of the stories would even make people on this board blush
test pilot your photos of eithne back in 80's went down a treat - also included was the sweepers - i will advise everyone of the next function - as this was our first reunion i will advise of those i think are interested next time
keep up the stories and photos lads??

golden rivet
9th March 2008, 17:13
well i would like to thank all those who attended the naval past and present function this weekend - some of the stories would even make people on this board blush
test pilot your photos of eithne back in 80's went down a treat - also included was the sweepers - i will advise everyone of the next function - as this was our first reunion i will advise of those i think are interested next time
keep up the stories and photos lads?? hope you enjoyed leitrim and did no damage to the local females

moggy
9th March 2008, 17:28
hope you enjoyed leitrim and did no damage to the local females

i think they are safe now - its the sheep i would worry about -ha
one thing i noticed it that everyone is still mad including myself - a good amount turned up
these bars were you live above them are deadly never close (oh dear)

golden rivet
9th March 2008, 18:45
i think they are safe now - its the sheep i would worry about -ha
one thing i noticed it that everyone is still mad including myself - a good amount turned up
these bars were you live above them are deadly never close (oh dear)

sore head leitrim style any poteen produced as a cure... all pictures are welcome

Test Pilot
9th March 2008, 18:57
sore head leitrim style any poteen produced as a cure... all pictures are welcome

Jasus Moggy, DO lets know for the next gathering.:biggrin: I'm a bit put out I wasn't asked this time around!:frown:

moggy
9th March 2008, 21:07
Jasus Moggy, DO lets know for the next gathering.:biggrin: I'm a bit put out I wasn't asked this time around!:frown:

sorry folks we were stuck for time a sudden announcement ?? believe me i will call you all as i hear of next gathering - as this was our first gathering a few people backed out and sent me on a recce - but believe me a great time a lot of old faces - i will advise of next gathering - no pictures - a lot of those present still serving in the ns

cha the tel
10th March 2008, 20:44
Glad to see all went well for ye in Letrim,I did not realise it was on sat nav.All joking aside
hope to make it to the next one

muller
10th March 2008, 20:46

pity you couldnt make it,it was a hell of a w/end.Lads arrived @21.00 on friday night and Phil O'Brien had finger food readyfor them,then the stories and great crack until early morning.Saturday afternoon went to Carrick for the match,then on to Taylors in drumsna,then to Coxes for dinner,the boys said they never had steak like it,we were treated royaly,then to Foxes pub in Tooman where the locals were in awe of these navy heads,could not get them out till late then back to O'Briens for another late night.Cant wait for next year.

golden rivet
2nd May 2008, 20:06
Glad to see all went well for ye in Letrim,I did not realise it was on sat nav.All joking aside
hope to make it to the next one any one know the address of the accomadation built for ex service men in dublin and telephone no if possible

cha the tel
2nd May 2008, 21:35
G.R.,moggy might be able to help you there as they had their AGM there last year,it not to far from Smithfield

techman1
3rd May 2008, 12:34
ONE, Market, Nth King St, 4850600

techman1
3rd May 2008, 12:37
That should read as...
ONE,
Smithfield Market,
Nth King St.

moggy
3rd May 2008, 13:59
That should read as...
ONE,
Smithfield Market,
Nth King St.

golden rivat are yoy having a party 13 guests room - 50 euros for you for the night for a single room and 80 for you and your better half

golden rivet
3rd May 2008, 15:51
golden rivat are yoy having a party 13 guests room - 50 euros for you for the night for a single room and 80 for you and your better half

mrs F staying there tonight with daughters.. poor me working... going to see liner when i finish work

moggy
3rd May 2008, 17:59
mrs F staying there tonight with daughters.. poor me working... going to see liner when i finish work

liner????

golden rivet
3rd May 2008, 18:06
liner????:rolleyes: independence of the seas in cobh today and tomorrow

moggy
4th May 2008, 12:50
:rolleyes: independence of the seas in cobh today and tomorrow

oh yes read on papers very nice - we did see her up close on cruise - very nice
did you get prices or brochure ???

:cool:

golden rivet
4th May 2008, 14:52
oh yes read on papers very nice - we did see her up close on cruise - very nice
did you get prices or brochure ???

:cool: neg on that lashing rain last night when i saw her and am working again today,, the joys of shift work,, will see her when she sails out at 4 oclock she is back in two weeks time and again in august... the naval retired would look well on her.

moggy
26th January 2009, 19:22
neg on that lashing rain last night when i saw her and am working again today,, the joys of shift work,, will see her when she sails out at 4 oclock she is back in two weeks time and again in august... the naval retired would look well on her.

THIS YEARS WEEKEND AWAY April 17 - 18th in Galway
great deal on hotel - over 20 heads have booked Already
PM me if want want in ???
REMEMBER THIS IS WERE CURRENT AND EX NAVY GET-TOGETHER

YankeeHotelFoxtrot
26th January 2009, 19:26
THIS YEARS WEEKEND AWAY April 17 - 18th in Galway
great deal on hotel - over 20 heads have booked Already
PM me if want want in ???
REMEMBER THIS IS WERE CURRENT AND EX NAVY GET-TOGETHER

This sounds like a swingers convention.:biggrin:

hptmurphy
26th January 2009, 20:46
last time I spent a night in Galway with the navy I ended up in a cell,

Could you not have picked somewhere we might not have to hide our faces.I'll know over the next few days if I can attend..have to check out the origin of some of the paternity suits first.

moggy
27th January 2009, 09:33
this sounds like a swingers convention.:biggrin:

could be??

Test Pilot
27th January 2009, 19:36
could be??

Able
19th February 2009, 12:13
Anybody stateside in the Boston Area, March 14th 15th?

moggy
19th February 2009, 15:43
Anybody stateside in the Boston Area, March 14th 15th?

dont think so if you asked me a couple of years ago no problem - never mind boston
come with us to galway better time

Able
20th February 2009, 00:34
Just like with HPT, Galway has some nights that are best forgot..... :eek:
Anyway I'm not sure if i'm allowed into Galway:biggrin:

YankeeHotelFoxtrot
20th February 2009, 16:24
It's a great spot, Galway. Anywhere that has a club where the bouncers ask me to prove my age when I was a grizzly 30+ is ok with me.

moggy
21st April 2009, 13:19
A great weekend in Galway 25 heads made it - only communicating now - roll the Aran Islands next year - wil have photos when to hand

hptmurphy
21st April 2009, 22:10
Name and imortalize those who endured the weekend! Post photos asap please.

blaisec
21st April 2009, 23:07
John The Blade, Capt Chaos, Ken the dusty,Fintan, Pat, Jim,Billy,Ollie,Mick,Paddy,Tom, Jim,Harry,Eddie,Moggy, The Horse,Colfer,John. Memory lapse!!!!