• New Boots

Tenders have gone out for 3 new boots

A Combat boot

A light Ops boot

A desert combat boot

what do y'all think?
    You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Maybe this time they might select a design and then actually get it, instead of a knock-off.

Comment

I have a pair of Army gore (the ankle ones) and although they have made my life an easier one, they can become somewhat of a nuisance. It's hard to explain but those that have the same boots would agree, theres something about them that's not just right.

Most of the irish army tactics are short ops- op's, platoon and section in attack, fibua etc so Methinks light ops boots may be the best type.

Comment

Desert boots you say??

Could come in handy in the Building site known as the Glen!!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Ever been to Finner on a hot sunny day?! (i laugh cos it never happens)

Comment

Light ops boots are probably for patrols in Kosovo, gets hot there in the summer and normal boots are to heavy and make your feet sweat to much.
            Prior preparation prevents piss poor performance.

Comment

mmm.....hot sunny days and finner don't really go hand in hand! I think Finner is possibly one of the windiest places in Ireland.

Comment

Finner must be one of those places only the DF use That has it's own Weather system!! Like Kilbride. You either Get Frostbite or SunBurn.. or both.. on the same day!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Hmm.

My best purchase, after a few false starts(ripoffs) was a pair of Meindl Eagles which I am wearing as I type. Bought a year ago, worn to Mediteranean (and in the mediterranean for that matter) & the Alps at the top, where the snow never dissapears. Essentially abused constantly for twelve months, no complaints so far. Planning on wearing them in Canada this winter. Like your favourite pair of Nike-Air Max with ankle support.

Only flaw is that the soles are very soft. This gives great comfort, and made me feel like I was bouncing along whilst carrying a rucksack as big as me (I'm not small) in the blistering heat, and freezing cold. Be prepared to resole them after three months for €30 a pop if you want to keep this comfort level.

Bailer, I have a strong memory of getting sunburnt in the Brugha before & after range practice. ARP was abysmal, as I couldn't see the targets because of the hailstones. You guessed it, Kilbride.
                  Take these men and women for your example.
                  Like them, remember that posterity can only
                  be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                  possession of those who have the
                  courage to defend it.
                  Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                  If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Boot tenders.

Came up last week on etenders.

Wonder why OPW are organising this....
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

opw always do orgainse "work wear" for the govt departments
                      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

"full time professional" I guess the reserve will not be getting the boots so?
                        Wonder what the tender for the reserve boots says?

Comment

The tender for the RDF probably looks for tenders for canvas sacks. Or possibly steel, suit of armour style shoes- hard wearing, one issue does a lifetime.
                          Take these men and women for your example.
                          Like them, remember that posterity can only
                          be for the free; that freedom is the sure
                          possession of those who have the
                          courage to defend it.
                          Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
                          If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Working...
                          X