Adventure Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adventure Training

Have many units done aventure type training with in the army. We had a CTI with us on camp and there was some good stuff covered. A break from the normal camp stuff.
    Attached Files

We did that in 2001 (funnily enough the rope was tied to the same tree!!) Didn't have Fancy hard hats though!!

Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

We have do it reasonably regularly, the main reason is that we have made good contacts with a group of CTIs, who seem to be more than helpful.

Comment

Did absailing with with the engineers,... great stuff!!!

Comment

I remember being promised adventure training, some years back.

I remember being promised all sorts of training over the years. Two units & four years later, I finally decided that all officers and CS's are lying ****ers.
          Take these men and women for your example.
          Like them, remember that posterity can only
          be for the free; that freedom is the sure
          possession of those who have the
          courage to defend it.
          Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
          If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Change Unit?

Jag, if your getting no luck with your own unit, change over, PM me your details and I can get you into a active unit, always room for another in the unit.

Comment

We also had two CTI's with us on camp in the Glen,great crac!:flagwave: :flagwave:

Comment

re:Defence Force Absailing Membership

For those intrested

(eastern brigade )

Cpl Tony Oriordans (check surname)
                CIS Squadron
                Casement Aerodrome
                Baldonnell

Ref DFAM membership
                from Cpl Alan O Reilly

I think it only costs €8 a year and they do lots of absailing and rockclimbing, its open to all members of the Defence Forces. They supply you with all the kit and training etc

Comment

We had the engineers down with us in Bere Island for the last week with us doing absailing, death slides, rat slides and confidence training and it was brillient. Those mind games and obstical course now that tests you out
                  Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                  http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

We do it once a year. Absailing, rock climbing, canoeing, mountain biking, hiking, swimming ect. great craic

We did the absailing off the fire station building in the Curragh. It was great!

Comment

Working...
                    X