New Air Corp Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Air Corp Film

I am producing a new sci-fi film set in Ireland and the U.K and was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions.

Is it possible that Irish pilots might go on an exchange with the RAF?

Do the RAF and Air Corps use metric or imperial measurements in communications.

ie "Target at 30,000 feet" or 10,000 metres?

Thanks
    Donogh

I reckon the RAF would only come over here for the beer as the Aer Corp have no equipment compared to the RAF and that is not the Aer Corp's fault but the present and former Governments ,the fact that they were FF/PD as well should not cast any bad light on them. Mind U Bertie gave himself and his cronies a good pay rise and f**k the rest of us.
    :flagwave:

Comment

Yeah but would any air corps pilots train with the raf if say new planes were in the offing

Comment

They do, but only for things like SAR training, I heard that a couple of Irish pilots were given a brief course in the Tornado but have no idea if its true.
        They'd offer us training if we were buying planes from them.
        "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

The co-op regularly on SAR training. Most recently involving the CASA maritime patrol aircraft, I think. Which, would be the Air Corps most impressive piece of kit right now. Type of thing with all its radars that might spot UFOs in the dead of night over the Atlantic and call the RAF for help! Hey, I could get good at this.

Comment

Thanks Tucco
            I'll employ you as a screenwriter at this rate, interesting idea though!
            :-patriot:

Comment

Is the casa equipped with radar capable of detecting airborne threats?

Also does anyone know if the raf and air corps use metric or imperial measurement I know commercial aviation uses imperial still for altitude and range anyway

Comment

The CN-235s radar can be used to detect certain aerial threats , for instance there was a pair of Marineflieger Tornado's here for cat and mouse type training a month or two back...they'd try and sneak up on the Casa which would promptly paint them.
                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Cool, but why were german aircraft training with the air corps? were they based in Ireland for the training?

Comment

Same thing as far as I know. Trying to out fox the CASA. Wasn't there a post in the last year about alot of co-op going on in regard to all of this Euro defence coperation stuff that's happening? Also quiet skies were perfect for US C-130s doing training here earlier this year.

Comment

Yeah the MFL Tornados were based in Baldonnel for the weekend.

Comment

Cool, any reference to this in the press or on the web preferably with pics?

Comment

Film Guy, can you give us some more info on this film, i.e. is it like a large-scale indy film, or a personal film?
                          "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

No doubt the Minister for Arts etc., will start throwing grant money/tax relief etc., at the film, if its any way big!
                            Keep the speed up...!

Comment

Film is a personal project at the moment I am looking for funding but it is still in pre-production at the mo hence the grilling for info!

Joey D, I wish..

Comment

Working...
                              X