OSI maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSI maps

I'm looking for a laminated Discovery Series map, number 74 covering Kilworth. I've been in contact with irishmaps.ie and they've quoted my EU25 for one. Anyone know where I can get one cheaper. Have looked around town, only paper maps available.
    "Attack your attic with a Steyr....as seen on the Late Late Show..."

buy paper sheet, cut out area, use contact, presto small and useful map rather than PITA that won't fit anywhere easily.
    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Get a paper one and photocopy the relevant area in A4 or A3 size and then laminate the copy.
      This saves carrying a full size map.

The above practice might infringe on the copyright so even if it is a good idea....don't do it.;-)

Comment

You can get map bags....almost as good as laminating, but waay cheaper.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
          You can get map bags....almost as good as laminating, but waay cheaper.
          x2................

Comment

laminting is shite as it dosen't fold properly for field use.. buy a copy and use clear contact...lasts for years.

I have the whole of the discovery series laid out this way. Yeah a bit of work involved.

Tip..use hard edge such as steel ruler and scalpel..Xacto #11 blade as oppsed to scissors.

Price per map is a fraction of buy the OS prepared map.
            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
              I'm looking for a laminated Discovery Series map, number 74 covering Kilworth. I've been in contact with irishmaps.ie and they've quoted my EU25 for one. Anyone know where I can get one cheaper. Have looked around town, only paper maps available.
              Yes, on average, the pre laminated OS maps I' ve see about have been in the €20 - €25 range
              "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by concussion View Post
                Have you tried:

One map shop i get lost in often!

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
                  Yes, on average, the pre laminated OS maps I' ve see about have been in the €20 - €25 range
                  Fair enough so, cheers.

Originally posted by hptmurphy View Post
                  buy a copy and use clear contact
                  What's clear contact? I assume its similar to the clear plastic with the sticky edges which is used for covering books?

Comment

correct, most stationery shops'll have it. be careful and have a nice flat map before you start

also don't forget to have the grid square numbers on it somewhere.
                    "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Sounds like a plan, was looking for something to distract me from studying for my summer exams. Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Clear Contact is the plastic stuff that comes on a roll an when the backing is peeled off the whole exposed ised is sticky..takes a bit of practise but its effective. About three maps per roll very cost effective.

Nail varnish remover wipes will take off felt tipped markers so no damage to the coating.

handier than plastic bags an reasonably water proof if you are careful around the seams.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

if you need the full sheet i would splash out the 20/25 on the pre-laminated version

you can do it with contact and it works reasonably well, but only saves a few quid and can leak at the seams if you go through rivers (also it doesnt fold as neatly)...

Comment

After using contact paper place the backing sheet off the paper over the map and use a warm iron to get rid of any bubbles.
                            The worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them: that's the essence of inhumanity.
                            (George Bernard Shaw, Playwright, 1856 - 1950)

Comment

murph, i always used a drop of vodka, or a spray of lynx ... both do the same job (alchohol soluble) for removing marker marks !

Comment

Working...
                              X