Bandits, err, wisdom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandits, err, wisdom?

Why are the army using nissan station wagons in sucha hot country, take a look at the chadians, why not pick ups , a lot less heavy and more robust and flexible re load.. MOWAGS SEEM TO BE MAKING A REAL MEAL of it, ,In what condition will /if they come back?

I think the Patrols would be grand if they uprated the suspension and some armour and slight engine mods as my patrol is seriously under-powered. I would asume they will be pretty banged up,Snad all around the seal,engine,radiator and turbo will be full of sand

Comment

Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
      Why are the army using nissan station wagons in sucha hot country, take a look at the chadians, why not pick ups , a lot less heavy and more robust and flexible re load..
      MONEY MONEY MONEY, and the patrols have A/C, i don't think it would work as well if they didn't have any roofs
      Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

No need for AC if Pick ups, Its heavy on fuel and power, sURE ITS HOT BUT DRIVING AROUND WINDOWS UP, ac PUMPING OUT cool air too remote from the outside world,

Comment

No need for AC if Pick ups,
          Try messing around in light summer clothes in 35+ degree heat lad. Most Irish peoples exposure to that level of temp is on their holidays to Costa del whereever, most people are fine as you have a nice pool to play around in and can go into the shade when you want to.
          Now imagine having to work in it again with just light summer clothes its hard work bloody hard work.

Now as for the lads in Chad, add weapon body armour etc, sitting in the back of a pick up all that happens is you get a warm breeze blowing into you. All I can say is mucho mucho respect to them, I personally have struggled to play in that sort of heat doing a lot less strenuous work.
          You need to have AC screw the bloody fuel bill, at the end of the day its bad enough out there to be sitting in the back of a pickup in a puddle of ball soup(sweat) cos the locals do it.
          Personally out there for a Northern European I believe AC is a neccessaity not a extrazagence
          Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

Or when they turn over?

Comment

Roll bars and three point quick release seat belts with seats down centre of car, back to back and facing out.. Not that an ordinary roof will provide much protection. If It rains , they get wet, Dry they get dusty

Comment

AS for AC RATS ATE MINE IN MY CAR so now I Just DRIVE WITH WINDOW DOWN.. THIS TIME OF YEAR ONLY ABOUT 30 MAX BUT MID 40S in Oct. but I am not in body armour.. However not comvinced that enclosed AC non armoured withlittle contavct with outside vehicle is best for possible combat situation.

Comment

AS for AC RATS ATE MINE IN MY CAR so now I Just DRIVE WITH WINDOW DOWN.. THIS TIME OF YEAR ONLY ABOUT 30 MAX BUT MID 40S in Oct. but I am not in body armour.. However not comvinced that enclosed AC non armoured withlittle contavct with outside vehicle is best for possible combat situation.
                  ARE you INEBRIATED because IT is A bit HARD to READ when YOU keep SWITCHING from LOWER to UPPER case?
                  Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Pls excuse my typing and general s... stirring..

Comment

MOWAGS SEEM TO BE MAKING A REAL MEAL of it, ,In what condition will /if they come back?
                      About as bad as they came back from Liberia.....wrecked.
                      Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Working...
                      X