8 Helicopters at Once!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 Helicopters at Once!

just seen 8 air corps helecopters in a beautiful formation, 3 Dauphins and at least 4 A3's, there might have been a Gazelle in the formation but it couldve been an A3, it was definetely an 8 ship formation though.

very very impressive and very very noisey and I didnt think 3 dauphins were still airworthy... any purpose to the formation other then great eye candy for me?

Thanks for the kind words. At one stage there were 10 helis in formation (GASU EC-135 included). A celebration of 40yrs of helicopter operations in the Air Corps so to speak!

Comment

Just as well they all didn't plummet to the earth or we'd be rightly bollocksed!IAC's Pearl Harbor!!:confused:
      Live long and prosper!

Comment

Just noticed your signature, is that question for me?
        Keep the speed up...!

Comment

I think it's a quote from the film Airplane.
          "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

The guy with the dog - scraps! Great film! Please excuse the paranoia
            Keep the speed up...!

Comment

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean there's nobody out to get you.:D

Comment

Thats not what my doc keeps telling me........
                Keep the speed up...!

Comment

Better watch your back then, he's probably the one.:-patriot:

Comment

Must have been double vision....had you been drinking at the time?
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

OK lads, kinda getting off topic here............

Comment

Arra, just a bit of banter!

(hope this comment doesnt get me more points!!)
                        Keep the speed up...!

Comment

One of the remaining dauphins(244 I think) is being used as a parts bin/training airframe and will not fly again. The dauphins days are numbered,as they are due a e1.5m avionics upgrade shortly, and nobody has made their mind up yet,whether the upgrade is on or not.
                          Is only one gazelle flying ?Did the other get written off as a total loss after its "hard landing" recently?

Why the "celebration". I dont think the first allouette arrived until december 1963.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Does anyone know for sure what's happening with the Dauphins? According to a guy on Frank's board, it was "The 10 ship (formation) (4 Dauphins, 5 AIII and GASU EC-135)" and he says he has photos which he'll send to Frank?

IAS

Comment

THe "hard landing" Gazelle was rolled up like a ball of tinfoil, only a civil servant could claim it would fly again, a replacement could be procured for the cost of catering the FF ard fheis but of course it can be repaired.....
                              "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
                              X