Scratch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratch

yes there my brother is in the regs and he was on about being on scratch when he was training,never asked him what it was so what is it?

Scratch is an evil exercise that all (well it used to be all) soldiers go through when they are on the ground for the first time. Combine an obsticle course, hazing and NCOs who would go down well on BOOT CAMP and you nearly have the idea. Lots of running, lots of mud, lots of water, lots of shouting and lots of pain.

Comment

Scrach....

ahhhh scrach... or mini scrach depending on how leineint the training nco is.... allways fun!!! (depending on how fit you are):D
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

SSShhhhh.... Dont tell him only the initiated shall know what it is. Its still done in the PDF (I've seen it and it ain't pretty) It's died out in the RDF over the last few years, shame though it was good fun (when you weren't crying, crawling through shit, being shouted at carrying your buddy, etc etc ....

hmmm now that gives me an idea for the recruits later in the week.
        Last edited by Bailer; 17 October 2005, 13:44.
        Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

Oh i wish i could do Scrath with my recruits the devilment i could get up, its a pain in the bollocks when your doing it but its always a great laugh to watch other people do it.

Comment

Scratch

[MOD: Thread Merge]

Hi Guys just wondering about this scratch. All I really know about is that its combat PT but what is it in more specific terms???
            Lifes a bitch, so be her pimp!

Comment

If you can get your hands on the 2005 pdf pot ncos cse syllabus it tells you in there.As it is part of a course i dont think it should be discussed here.(takes away too much of the mystery!!)
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Doubt i'd lay my hands on it but i'll have a look and see.

Comment

You don't mean "Introduction to tactical fieldcraft with physical and psychological pressure" do you?

Comment

No it it STILL DEFINETLY called exercise scratch.
                    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

yeah its called scratch.. i'm getting my hands on the syllabus for the pdf nco's course so i'll keep ya posted unless ya already find out
                      Cheers Bernard......

Comment

Whats this "ya" word you keep using?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by average fridge door like
                          yeah its called scratch.. i'm getting my hands on the syllabus for the pdf nco's course so i'll keep ya posted unless ya already find out
                          Cheers man!
                          Just want to see what it is all about?

Comment

Scratch is ****ing class; Thats all i will say. I think every recruit should be put through scratch to see what they are made of !!! Their is nothing better than the satisfaction of pulling your buds through the mud and water .and i would say myself and bullthemboots are the only two that have actually done scratch .(in this thread)

any one can talk about scratch, but until they are crawlling through the tunnels in darkness they can DREAM .

Comment

Originally posted by GUNNER H
                              and i would say myself and bullthemboots are the only two that have actually done scratch .(in this thread)
                              Funnily enough thats why I was asking!

Comment

Working...
                              X