Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status of the Navy - 16/02/2009

Based on an idea on the USN Website.
    I would like to be able to update this once a week, if you have any information about whether any of the NS Ships are at sea or docked then please PM or email me the information.

Naval Service Personnel
    Active Duty

Officers -
    Other Ranks -

Reserve

Officers -
    Other Ranks -

Naval Service Ships Status

LE Eithne - Deepwarter Berth Cobh
    LE Roisin - ?
    LE Niamh - ?
    LE Emer - ?
    LE Aoife - At Sea
    LE Aisling - ?
    LE Orla - ?
    LE Ciara - ?

Arrests since 1st Jan 2009 - ?
    Last edited by Boomer; 16 February 2009, 19:02.

I wouldn't be too inclined to be putting ship's operational status or details on a public website. Even if it is now a breach of security, which it may be, I wouldn't feel too comfortable about it anyway.

Comment

Its a matter of mathematics really just stand on the high road in Cobh and look across the harbour and count 1. 2. 3.........

Comment

Originally posted by YankeeHotelFoxtrot View Post
        I wouldn't be too inclined to be putting ship's operational status or details on a public website. Even if it is now a breach of security, which it may be, I wouldn't feel too comfortable about it anyway.
        Im not sure listing vessels that are in dock could be classed as a possible security breach.

I can access next day RN vessel movements out of Portsmouth on a public website.

Comment

Originally posted by pmtts View Post
          Im not sure listing vessels that are in dock could be classed as a possible security breach.

I can access next day RN vessel movements out of Portsmouth on a public website.
          OK fair enough, I just thought I might raise the question. No odds to me anyway as I see the bastard things every day.

Comment

Originally posted by pmtts View Post

But you will rarely get all the RN in Portsmouth

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Then again the naval service could be assembling forces in preparation for a drug interdiction mission. I tend to agree with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Comment

Originally posted by paul g View Post
                Then again the naval service could be assembling forces in preparation for a drug interdiction mission. I tend to agree with Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
                +1

Comment

historically if you see a gaggle of NS ships in the one area somebody is about to have a bad day

you might notice how even RTE tend not to film the area when theres a gathering ...

iw ould tend to agre that its not good parctise to advertise where all the ships might even be.
                  Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

How are the invasion plans going anyway?

Them Icelandics will pay!

Comment

get all the ships together for a drug operation.
                      is there enough ropes to tied them up or are they in the Q stores
                      and cannot be handed out, as they are for the LEB

opsec, go to any navy bar and listen to the talk and the bar, buy a couple of pints
                      and you will get the low down.

:redface:
                      hurry up and wait, are you back yet

Comment

Wha?

Comment

Originally posted by clean it again View Post
                          opsec, go to any navy bar and listen to the talk and the bar, buy a couple of pints

So how are things in Casablanca? Missing Humphrey Bogart there?

Comment

:confused:what are you smoking... ropes... q stores.. for the leb.. where is that.. navy bars... me no comprende.. :confused:

Comment

Reminds me of

i have done Seal / BUDs
                              SAS / SBS

and a 2 weeks FAS course in Office skills in ballyer, so there I am qual to talk about it
                              Got it!

Comment

Working...
                              X