Ban on Recruitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ban on Recruitment

Okay ...just heard this yesterday.There is now a temporary ban on RDF recruitment until the results of the current review are published.

So the small will get smaller and dissapear .......this seems to be the theory behind this and wil save amalgamation and all the grief that goes with it.The number in the RDF is to be capped and the amount of units is also to be capped.

This time next year alot of current units will simply fail to exist.
    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

oh shit! your kidding!

what will this mean for large units?
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

T.I.M,

I think this means that they will disband the 7Bn. :flagwave:

Comment

Now there's an emotive post. (hpts)

Ya need backup for a post like that [ any confirmations anyone ? ]

+ this happened before way back when.
        "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Firstly with A Catchemnt area of North/West Dublin City, Fingal, and the entire county of Meath, I don't think the 7bn are going anywhere!! Especially as they are the Largest operational Reserve Unit at the moment.

Secondly there Won't be a cap on recruitment for the simple Fact that most units are under strength.
          Friends Come and Go, but Enemies accumulate!!

Comment

ban on recruitment

If there is a ban on recruitment we havn't been told about it.
            At present we have Just started a recruitment drive with our Coy.:-patriot:

Comment

I've long been of the opinion that the FCA should be let die anyway, and a new army reserve started up, with everyone in the FCA given the opportunity to transfer, keeping rank etc, but only if the do the required courses and make the grade.

Stop living in the past.
              Take these men and women for your example.
              Like them, remember that posterity can only
              be for the free; that freedom is the sure
              possession of those who have the
              courage to defend it.
              Liberty is being free from the things we don't like in order to be slaves of the things we do like.
              If you're not ready to die for it, put the word freedom out of your vocabulary.

Comment

Well there's another constructive post.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator
                  T.I.M,

I think this means that they will disband the 7Bn. :flagwave:
                  well their already throwing your lot in what other rabble in an attempt to kill you both off!! and as bailer said, the 7th bn are the largest reserve unit going!
                  Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

Comment

Ive heard nothing and was on camp last week.so. I can see the theory behind it though. Is the review to be publish this month???
                    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                    http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

What doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Manny in Runaway Train

As Wally said in Dilbert hearing about a re-org

"Whoa ! Let my get my re-org boots "

Comment

this was actually obtained from a genuine souce.maybe this is just a southern brigade issue but the source is a good one.I'll investigate further but as far as I know the reasoning behind it is not to allow units to falsely inflate their numbers before the report is published and give a false picture of their actual strenghts.

Given the numbers that actually parade versus the established strenght this is not a bad idea as it will give areasonably accurate picture of the numbers actually serving in the RDF and not just the paper picture.

I reckon as units return from summer break the overall situation will become clearer.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

The DoD has already come up with a scheme for assesing the effective strength of a unit.Up until now a unit was allocated resources (grants, man-days) according to its effective strength. Areservist did not have to attend annual training to be "effective", so some creative recording in the role-book could keep a unit afloat. A small number of people using a large number of man-days made the unit look active.

A unit's allocation of man-days for 2004 will be calculated using the number of people who attended annual training in 2003 + 10%. This will expose many ghost units.

Comment

hey don't shoot the messenger.....I'm only passing on what I'm told.

When I revealed my source to kermit in the chat room last night he believed to be a credible source....time will tell.

Comment

Thank jebus!
                              i thought i was out of a job!

Comment

Working...
                              X