DPM's were they worth the wait?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DPM's were they worth the wait?

Yes there just wondering since we have the dpm's for nearly a year now (well ten months) were they woth the wait?
    Yes- they're class
    72.73%
    No- they're s##t
    27.27%

dpm's

well i have mine about a year now and i love the look but prefer the old greens for comfort/wear & tear....
    oh time to boast....I was the First reserve infantry soilder to be issued the dpm's....and 4th reserve overall..ah ha!!:D
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

When I first joined up all we had were No 1's, eventually working dress was issued, remember that WD jacket lads, what was that about? Then came the OG's whose quality varied alot and now the DPM's presonally I think we have come a long way (i'm sure you will all agree) and that in time even the DPMs will get better.

Plus the DPM's make you look more like a solider than a member of some serb milita
      You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

It's probably worth a mention that the DPM pattern is almost identical to the Serb militias!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowjacket
          It's probably worth a mention that the DPM pattern is almost identical to the Serb militias!
          shhhhhhhh!!!!! dont let the croatas know......:p
          Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

I assume by croatas you mean Croatians?

Serbians and Croations are as dissimilar as the Ulster loyalists and Glasgow Rangers fans. Bud a damn site more friendly..
            HVALA LEPO!

GOVORIM MALO SRPSKI JEZIK.GOVORIM MALO HRVATSKI

The DPM is too warm in summer,too cold in winter,and nobody knows how to wear it properly. There are 2 different types of uniform,the Cheapo hong Kong made stuff,and the decent Portwest stuff. Some shirts have butterfly collars,some have proper ones. If youre the only butterfly in a line of proper collars,you look shabby.
            The Jacket is good,but would be better if it kept off more than a light mist..The Trousers cut the balls off ye..
            The OG stuff was not as comfortable to wear tho if you were of larger build,the sizes made no sense but they did take a bit more abuse..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Yes they were worth the wait, but they are not class. I could do with another Smock though after all its been through and the winter trousers the only thing they are good for is knelling. They dont keep out the cold. But all inall they are a whole lot better that the OG`s.
              Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
              http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Goldie you are either boasting or need bigger trousers.

Comment

I have to say I prefered the 'greens'. Nothing to do with them 'Cutting the balls off ye' or that. The DPMs are just so un-waterproof. They are just not warm on the ground. Also, I think they look untidy!

Those norweigan shirts are the business though.
                  I don't believe in love - just friendship + sex

Comment

the DPM's we have now look the part on parade on a tuesday night but have f all chance of keeping any cold out, the trousers a so thin that a bit of wind could blow a hole in them. If someone could make them as strong a reliable as the old greens then we would have some uniform, by the way we are still waiting on a winter issue!!

Comment

Scence we are on about DPM`s who here thinks that they should be used for ceremonial duties (ie St. Patricks Day) ?
                      I personally think that they should not as they look too rugid and out of place for such duties. No1`s have a purpose and thats for cermonial duties not DPm`s
                      Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                      http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

I think the new uniform is good. The complaints with regard to it not being warm enough stems from not using the layers properly. I was standing on the range in Kilbride last winter, wearing all the layers (including the thermal undies) and was nice and toasty.

The other good thing is that they dry out quicker. I still haven't decided whether or not it is a good thing that it has so many large pockets. I can fit nearly everything into my smock and trousers but it takes me ages to find anything.

Over all conclusion - Thumps Up

Comment

I must wholeheartly agree with Bravo20 in summing up the new uniform and the discussion regarding it. I think the uniform is second to none if utilised properly. The only aspect that i can contend with is remembering which pocket I put an item!!

Comment

yip loads of pockets nearly too many. can never find me fags when i want them on the ranges. think theyre a grand job best thing is they dry out quickly, biggest downpoint theyre f***ing useless on a cold day

Comment

I concur, the layers system is far superior to the old woolly greens the flexibility of the system makes it possible to be warm in the winter and cool in the summer, the opposite of the greens experience in which the lining had to be cut out for summer wear and the lining was too bulky and the uniforms to tightly cut to wear anything under them comfortably.
                              It was still just childish benig marched down O'Connell street wearing our "lovely new decorative pattern uniforms" though.
                              "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Working...
                              X