Permission to come on Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission to come on Board

Cant find the intro section , so will introduce my self here .
    found your site last night , and stayed up till the small hours reliving old memories
    Joined Nov 1980 class sierra joined Emer in 81 for about two and a half years .
    Laners was the L/cook Moggy was the Ball Hopping Mary , Paddy was the Mad skipper egged on to further lunacy by Luigie the EX/O .

I was there when Paddy ran poor Emer up on the wall in Dublin , this was a real hole a bit bigger then a 10 cent coin , and the no names mentioned very tall mech from Dublin who exclaimed "what will we do when the tide comes in" tis all true.
    The Arran Islands caper was just unbelievable , There's a film in that "The night we hit the sand bank" starring Paddy and Luigi .

About half way through my time on the Emer at the ripe old age of 19 , I was sitting in the mess one day when 2 kids walked in and sat down , I turned to the bod beside me and asked if we were taking Sea Scouts on patrol , no came the reply these are the two new seamen , Boomie , and Damien later to become Damo the Diver jes Damo ye looked about 14.

There's a few more heads in there I think I recognize
    Cha the Tel was your brother a tel also ? were you on Emer with Billy Biscuits ?
    Sorry to hear about the hair Moggy , still got mine .
    Are you still diving Damo I took up diving after the navy and am still active.

I have a box of navy photos in the attic so I might start scanning tonight.
    Last edited by wreckmaster; 24 August 2009, 20:48. Reason: REMOVED SURNAMES

Permission to come on board granted (as it always automaticaly is here), I am sure we would all love to see your photos

Comment

Originally posted by wreckmaster View Post
      found your site last night , and stayed up till the small hours reliving old memories
      Laners was the L/cook Moggy was the Ball Hoping Mary , Paddy was the Mad skipper egged on to further lunacy by Luigie the EX/O .

I was there when Paddy ran poor Emer up on the wall in Dublin , this was a real hole a bit bigger then a 10 cent coin , and the no names mentioned very tall mech from Dublin who exclaimed "what will we do when the tide comes in" tis all true.
      The Arran Islands caper was just unbelievable , There's a film in that "The night we hit the sand bank" starring Paddy and Luigi .

About half way through my time on the Emer at the ripe old age of 19 , I was sitting in the mess one day when 2 kids walked in and sat down , I turned to the bod beside me and asked if we were taking Sea Scouts on patrol , no came the reply these are the two new seamen , Boomie , and Damien later to become Damo the Diver jes Damo ye looked about 14.

Cha the Tel was your brother a tel also ? were you on Emer with Billy Biscuits ?

all the above is true - cha will reply back to you - boomie no sighting since he left the navy
      go ahead and scan leave my hair out if it ha

Comment

Laners was the L/cook Moggy was the Ball Hoping Mary , Paddy was the Mad skipper egged on to further lunacy by Luigie the EX/O .

A certain P O ERA was also head singing there's a hole in the bucket < a tall one from Dublin with blonde hair >
        Don't spit in my Bouillabaisse .

Comment

its been awhile

I came home from work early to look for above mentioned pics, I am sure this will take a few hours in the attic , picked up a few poor quality from a small album so here's a start
          I had contact with Boomie up to about 1990 he married a Swiss Girl and went to live in Germany. have not been to Cobh in years but still have contact with a few lads .

Marys Digs >>>>
          Short Arse Shorts >>>>
          Martin & Bob >>>>
          Billy Biscuits >>>>
          End of the day >>>>
          Last edited by wreckmaster; 19 September 2009, 01:56.

Comment

Hi Wreckmaster, welcome on board.

Was unable to see the photo's which you put up, can you repost?

For the MOD. Has he been cleared to post pic's yet?

Thanks.

Comment

It's an issue with the site being linked to not allowing hotlinking - I've changed it to links to the images, which should work.

Edit: Except it doesn't work. Best way to see the images is to copy the address (right click on the link, and click "copy link location"), then open a new window and paste the address in.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                It's an issue with the site being linked to not allowing hotlinking - I've changed it to links to the images, which should work.

Edit: Except it doesn't work. Best way to see the images is to copy the address (right click on the link, and click "copy link location"), then open a new window and paste the address in.
                he also needs to update the permissions to allow the images to be viewed.

Comment

Sorry about that lads I will have a look now

Comment

Sorry lads its a h.access problem I a truck load of security built in to the server . I have lowered it bit for this site should be OK now
                    Last edited by wreckmaster; 24 August 2009, 23:49.

Comment

Sorry lads its a h.access problem I resell server space and have a truck load of security built in to the server . I have lowered it bit for this site should be OK now
                      Is that Daithai M in the tight arse shorts?

Comment

Originally posted by Test Pilot View Post
                        Is that Daithai M in the tight arse shorts?
                        Think so...God we were fashion warriors in them days... kinda scary isn't it!

Comment

Top Marks and the other two ? shared cabin 303.

Comment

By the way, welcome aboard Wreckmaster. I was in from 83 to 87, Dierdre for two brief spells but mostly Aisling. I'm sure our paths crossed at some stage. Some great stories shared around here and a lot of good guys too. Keep the photos coming !

Comment

Welcome aboard Wreckmaster

Remember the day meself & Boomie went onto the Emer , we were both only 17
                              Keep the photos coming.......they help fill in the gaps
                              What do you mean abandon ship
                              Are they taking requests?

Comment

Working...
                              X