• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Vision Scope in Aldi

There's a night vision scope in Aldi this Thursday for €119.99

Dont know much about this , but seems like a good buy for the price

Thoughts or Comments?
    I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

looks good but don't buy it or you will be condemned as an army for having to buy your own kit!
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Miaow
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
      Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
      The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
      The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
      The best lack all conviction, while the worst
      Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
        looks good but don't buy it or you will be condemned as an army for having to buy your own kit!
        Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
        Miaow
        .......But like the Murphy's, he's not bitter!

Comment

They had one in a few years ago. Piece of dirt. Only good out to about 6ft in front of you. But i suppose for that money.......

Comment

One of my team had one of those on a recent exercise. While the vision was good (I was comparing it to the Kite Sights that I had) the red LED on the front kinda gave your position away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo20 View Post
              One of my team had one of those on a recent exercise. While the vision was good (I was comparing it to the Kite Sights that I had) the red LED on the front kinda gave your position away.
              They can be turned on and off (or at least should be able to!)

Comment

Black tape?

Comment

get some IR filter plastic for it if it won't switch off - we used to use it on torches years ago in Northern Ireland [no we didn't have to BUY it!] and it will cost you pennies.
                  RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Why buy something like that when you can get issued far better NVE?

Comment

I've never used the "off the shelf" civvy NVE; but would I be right in thinking that there isn't a facility to stop the back glow against you face from the NVGs if they don't have the eye-piece switch like you'd see on the KITE sight?

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post
                        Why buy something like that when you can get issued far better NVE?
                        I agree, and for the amount of times I would use such equipment during the year I certainly wouldn't be considering buying it.

Comment

I agree, and for the amount of times I would use such equipment during the year I certainly wouldn't be considering buying it.
                          Absolutely, you'd be lucky to accumulate one hour of use out it in the entire year! That is unless of course you enjoy stalking in your spare time!

Comment

Guilty as charged.

In relation to the scope why not just use it for fishing or wildlife as opposed to using it for military applications , I'm sure it will suffice at this..if fishing or wild life is your thing....other wise you could drive to all the secluded areas in your locality and watch the locals shag !
                            Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

fishing and dogging. the only real reasons why you would want to see better in the dark....
                              for ****s sake

Comment

Working...
                              X