Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK to adopt Crye (Multicam type) Camoflage Pattern

No link..got it from Mil.Ph.net.

UK Armed Forces will be issued with combat clothing in a new camouflage optimised for operations in Afghanistan and across a wide range of environments.

• It will be issued to all personnel deploying on Op HERRICK from March 2010 then issued more widely to the UK Armed Forces from 2011.

• This is the first time the Armed Forces have changed to a new camouflage pattern in 40 years, operational effectiveness being the driver for change.

• The camouflage is a multi-terrain pattern that, following extensive scientific trials, performs consistently well across a wide range of environments encountered both on current operations and worldwide. MTP provides the best possible camouflage

A wide range of camouflage colours were trialled in UK, Cyprus, Kenya and Afghanistan by Infantry Trials and Development Unit (ITDU) with Dstl support. The trials consisted of Defence Clothing Team and Dstl generated camouflages compared with in-service and commercially available camouflages. The trials included visual comparisons, objective assessments of the time to detect the different camouflages against different backgrounds, and subjective user opinions on the efficacy of the performance. Crye’s Multicam® technology was found to be the best performing across the widest range of environments by a significant margin and was selected as the new UK Camouflage, based upon the UK DPM pattern. The new camouflage is to be known as Multi-Terrain Pattern (MTP).

Last edited by Craghopper; 18 December 2009, 23:12.

Looks like the Brits aren't going to make the same mistake as the US and go straight to Multicam
    Theirs not to make reply,
    Theirs not to reason why,
    Theirs but to do and die:
    Into the valley of Death
    Rode the six hundred.

The Charge of the Light Brigade

Comment

Originally posted by mugs View Post
      Looks like the Brits aren't going to make the same mistake as the US and go straight to Multicam
      I think the US Army have been planning on switching to multicam for a good while.

The marines on the other hand are sticking with two separate patterns. One woodland, the other desert.

Comment

Originally posted by amurph0 View Post
        I think the US Army have been planning on switching to multicam for a good while.
        I know, I think it's part of the future warrior program
        Last edited by mugs; 18 December 2009, 23:33.
        Into the valley of Death
        Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Not quite multicam, more a hybrid of multicam and British DPM

More information from people who'll be getting it issued to them soon enough is available here: http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=140373.html
          Last edited by Barry; 18 December 2009, 23:42.

Comment

Yes, My title did say Multicam Type..

Crye Developed New Camo Pattern for Brits
            December 18th, 2009
            Soldier Systems Daily has received verification from Crye Precision that they developed the new Multi-Terrain Pattern exclusively for use by the UK’s Ministry of Defence. A Crye representative related to us that, “MultiCam® won all their trials so they wanted us to develop a pattern for them that performed like MultiCam® but had a distinctly British identity. UK-MTP is the result.”

Earlier today, unattributed information found its way to a popular military message board detailing plans to begin issuing this new pattern initially to troops on Op Herrick early next Spring and ultimately in 2011 to the entire military. As you can see from the photo, the unique MultiCam® color palette has been adapted to a pattern reminiscent of Disruptive Pattern Material (DPM) a pattern in use by the British military for 40 years.

As posted on StrikeHold! the UK’s Special Forces Support Group has been wearing combat uniforms in MultiCam® for some time.

The adoption of MTP seems to put to rest the limited use of Hybrid DPM which has seen limited use in Afghanistan on “Battle Bags” and assault packs.

An Industry Daily and Tactical Gear News Blog
            Last edited by Craghopper; 18 December 2009, 23:41.

Comment

So are the days of the digial pattern number?

That was a short life for it.
              Into the valley of Death
              Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Its not like the old rhoedesian cammo

Comment

Probably not going to happen any time soon, not least because Crye are known for charging stupid amounts of money for the rights to use their pattern. You will see some SF types using it, there is a unit currently testing it for the regular army, but there's also a unit testing a more brown version of ACU. (UCP-D)

NTM
                  Driver, tracks, troops.... Drive and adjust!!

Comment

I read that the 173rd Airborne will be using Multicam in 2010 in Afghanistan.

can remember where I read it though
                    Into the valley of Death
                    Rode the six hundred.

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Comment

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
                        Into the valley of Death
                        Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Caught this on BBC this morning
                          Last edited by mugs; 20 December 2009, 16:47.
                          Into the valley of Death
                          Rode the six hundred.

Comment

www - new UK cam

feck - i was hoping they wouldn't change until AFTER i got out!

i better start selling all my buckshee Woodland and Desert DPM kit now then!
                            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 20 December 2009, 23:29.
                            RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

I like how their keeping their desert pattern as well, not doing a wrong job of it as the US army has.
                              Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

Working...
                              X