Good Courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Courses

hello all, Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where members of the board can post about good courses they have done in the various parts of the DF. Maybe just share with others why you thought it was good what was involved all that sort of thing. And the first person who says their favourite course was selection is going to get a slap!

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
    And the first person who says their favourite course was selection is going to get a slap!
    Support for selection.

10 days up the North Cork mountains, eating ration packs, the occasional supermacs to tease the prospective candidates, sh*tting in the woods, Clean air, lots of excercise, being paid.

Heaven

Where's this slap then?
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
      Where's this slap then?
      In the post....

Probably the most enjoyable course I' ve done in my time was the
      '84 course - things that go "bang" and all of that

That and the driving courses I' ve done...
      "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
        Support for selection.

10 days up the North Cork mountains, eating ration packs, the occasional supermacs to tease the prospective candidates, sh*tting in the woods, Clean air, lots of excercise, being paid.

Heaven

Where's this slap then?
        Not quite the same as Selection, so I don't think you qualify for the slap

ILSW Course. Interesting weapons to cover and then the amount of ammo we had for our week long shoot was off the wall. Although I discovered that there is no easy way to carry an '84 on a route march.

Comment

What exactly is the ILSW course I've seen it mentioned on the board recently i understand its an infantry weapons course of some sort, but who does it? what weapons are covered and how long is it?

Comment

Motorcycle DR course. Test run started at Brugha(ha) out thru Tallaghfornia to Blessington, Across to Naas, and back to brugha via the N7 in time to be abused by Hedgehog at the petrol pump. (it must have been him, the insult was automatic when he heard all the Cork accents).
            And of course having a 154 for a Motorcycle at the end.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Byfar the most enjoyable course was my standard NCOs more for the people i met on it then the content , driving courses were good nice weather stopping for ice cream in the gaealtacht .
              "take a look to the sky right before you die, its the last time you will"

Comment

Inf YOs
                "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
                  Motorcycle DR course. Test run started at Brugha(ha) out thru Tallaghfornia to Blessington, Across to Naas, and back to brugha via the N7 in time to be abused by Hedgehog at the petrol pump. (it must have been him, the insult was automatic when he heard all the Cork accents).
                  And of course having a 154 for a Motorcycle at the end.
                  Couldnt have been me

at no stage did you say- that you bought fuel at the pumps in CBB
                  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                  The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                  The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                  The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                  Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Thats why you were abusing me.. I wouldnt pay for the petrol....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                      What exactly is the ILSW course I've seen it mentioned on the board recently i understand its an infantry weapons course of some sort, but who does it? what weapons are covered and how long is it?
                      Infantry Light Support Weapons (course on coy level support weapons), it is a PDF course & obviously longer than 2 weeks

Comment

Working...
                      X