PDA

View Full Version : RDF Pot's course

Tipplegend
16th April 2010, 20:41
Hey, I'm planning on doing the POT's course next year, was wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect and bring etc.

Thanks guys. :biggrin:

Godfather
16th April 2010, 23:56
A positvie attitude and a willingness to get stuck in,help others,learn and above all enjoy it!

As for kit,you will be well prepared by your Cadre Staff in advance.

Tipplegend
17th April 2010, 19:55
Ive been told patience is also important :-D

DeV
18th April 2010, 15:24
Learn the "screed" / phraseology

Get fit (ITs as a min!!)

Get all your infantry skills up to standard

Vamp369
20th April 2010, 18:02
Get some experience of speaking in front of groups of people, and be confident

DeV
20th April 2010, 18:12
Good advice be used to talking in front of groups - college,school, work can help here

Tipplegend
20th April 2010, 18:34
Public speaking isnt a problem, but I am a medic so my infantry skills arent the greatest. Its not often we do tactics.

Vamp369
22nd April 2010, 13:41
If you would like I have alot of doc's that would be full of knowledge I can send you. MODS, would that be ok? Also if you could, maybe see about training with an Infantry battalion during their Summer camp this year. My own battalion will be doing a week of tactics this year

Liachta Cultaca
22nd April 2010, 14:17
Which brigade are you based in?

Vickers
22nd April 2010, 15:56
If you would like I have alot of doc's that would be full of knowledge I can send you. MODS, would that be ok? Also if you could, maybe see about training with an Infantry battalion during their Summer camp this year. My own battalion will be doing a week of tactics this year

Don't send anything that is restricted to anyone that you do know know.

Tipplegend
22nd April 2010, 18:21
Im in the Southern Brigade, I'll most likely be doing medic cover on an Infantry camp ths summer, so I should get my TOET's redone if i ask nicely :biggrin: Already know most of the basics of tactics from my recruit camp, plus doing cover on tactical exercises. Just need to know the more advanced stuff and practice :-D