X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpl Stephen Walker RM

Dead British marine named by MoD as Cpl Stephen Walker

Cpl Walker's wife described him as a 'perfect soulmate'

A marine killed in a bomb blast in southern Afghanistan has been named by the Ministry of Defence. Cpl Stephen Walker, of A Company 40 Commando Royal Marines, died on Friday morning after an explosion near Patrol Base Almas, in Sangin, Helmand.
    His wife Leona said the 42-year-old, from Northern Ireland, was a "fantastic Dad" and a "perfect soulmate".
    His death brought the total number of British service personnel killed in Afghanistan to 286.
    'Soul mate'
    Cpl Walker's wife said: "Steve was passionate, loyal and determined. He enjoyed the role he had in the Marines but he was a family man at heart.
    "He was a fantastic Dad to Greer and he was the perfect soulmate to me.
    "Although this is a very sad time, Steve would want us to be positive. Remember the good times, the happy times.

Having served 20 years in the Royal Marines, he was my most experienced and probably my best corporal

Lieutenant Colonel Paul James

"A lot of people's lives will be deeply affected by Steve's all-to-early departure. Life goes on, but it will never be the same for us."
    Lieutenant Colonel Paul James, commanding officer of 40 Commando Group, Combined Force Sangin, said Cpl Walker "was one of the most professionally astute men I have ever met".
    "Brave, loyal, utterly dedicated and absolutely selfless, he died leading his section on patrol in southern Sangin.
    "Having served 20 years in the Royal Marines, he was my most experienced and probably my best corporal. I valued his counsel greatly and, despite being his commanding officer, he taught me tactics."

R I P

Boots
    Last edited by rod and serpent; 23 May 2010, 12:51.

Rest in Peace
    What do you mean abandon ship
    Are they taking requests?

Comment

Rest in Peace Marine.

Comment

Rip

Comment

RIP Marine.
          "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

R.i.p

Comment

Sad loss. RIP.
              'He died who loved to live,' they'll say,
              'Unselfishly so we might have today!'
              Like hell! He fought because he had to fight;
              He died that's all. It was his unlucky night.
              http://www.salamanderoasis.org/poems...nnis/luck.html

Comment

RIP Bootneck
                "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

May he R.I.P. and my condolence to his family.
                  Lock and load

Comment

r.i.p.

Comment

r.i.p.
                      Bohs till I die

Comment

r.i.p.

Comment

RIP Commando
                          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Rip
                            There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

Rest in Peace Marine
                              "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Working...
                              X