This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod Issues

(I would have preferred if my poll had not been 'tampered with'.
    Posters could have just ticked 'other' and added their comments.)
    Last edited by FMolloy; 14 October 2003, 21:00.
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

It wasn't 'tampered with', it was amended to include other specific aircraft to allow a more detailed polling of the members.
    "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

It was 'tampered with' as far as I am concerned.
      Adding "Ryanair 737's" and "Sopwith Pup" is making a joke of the poll.

(Incidentially, Why was there no Air Corps moderator listed last night but today, hey-presto, we have a moderator ?)

Comment

The absence of the GASU & other heli's was raised, I deemed them relevent to the subject and added them - end of story. None of your choices were removed, nor were the results changed. The poll was amended, if you don't like it make a complaint.

As for 737's & Sopwith Pups, some would argue that they are as likely to be patrolling as Swedish Viggens.

On the subject of my elevation to the rank of mod, it's not a 'hey presto' overnight thing. Gunner Al was no longer able to do the job & retired. The other mods, after some deliberation, decided to offer me the position & I accepted. I was formally added to the mod's list last night/this morning.

Again, if you don't like it you can make a complaint. Otherwise, keep all posts on-topic.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Congrats on the promotion.

I strongly disagree with what you did with my thread/poll.
          But hey, who am I to complain - I only wanted a serious discussion about the Air Corps
          Feel free to 'moderate away' !

Silver.

Comment

You can have all the serious discussion you like, the addition of 4 categories to the poll shouldn't hamper you.

I will keep moderating, otherwise we'll end up with nonsense posts calling for aircraft carriers and the like. And as a fan of serious discussion I'm sure you wouldn't want that.

Comment

I agree with Silver. The whole statistical conclusion of his poll has changed so now he has a completely different answer to what he envisaged.

As for moderation, I wish you well in your new (voluntary!)) position. However, "move quickly slowly" as the old saying goes. Sometimes a new broom causes valuable items to be thrown out.

The Sopwith Pup and Ryanair items were uncalled for and unsuitable. You also are a contributor, you could have put your own post to the thread with your ideas.

Comment

In fairness to FM, not all of the additions were at his hand.

Now as for the "statistical conclusion" of the original poll, bollox! Considering that least one of the options is non-existant, and that several of the most likely answers were left out, the original poll had about as much statistical validity as a presidential election in North Korea.

Comment

I have posted in that thread.

As for throwing stuff out, I've done nothing of the sort.

Comment

"statistical conclusion" There is not enough data to make any conclusion from this poll. Our sample size is too small. Only 17 posts (3 for Ryan Air) so far.

But from a humour perspective I found the inclusion of the Sopwith Pup (fine aircraft) and the 737 hillarious. Well done FM.

Sorry Silver.

Comment

Yellowjacket, you say quote "In fairness to FM, not all of the additions were at his hand.

Now as for the "statistical conclusion" of the original poll, bollox! Considering that least one of the options is non-existant, and that several of the most likely answers were left out, the original poll had about as much statistical validity as a presidential election in North Korea."

Firstly, I see you are listed as a moderator. If so, you should not be setting poor example on the board with the use of the B word.

2. if FM did not amend the poll, and neither did Silver, who else has the ability to amend or add to a post / poll? If contributors to the board have this ability, something should be done about it.

3, the poll was Silvers, made in good faith, and he as we are all aware, he is a regular and useful contributor to this forum. Unless the post was against the rules for posting, no one, including a Moderator should have a right to alter it.

4, his post was his moral right to free speech and opinion. I am sure he is not a schoolboy submitting his posts here for correction.

5. Sopwith and Ryanair are the issues that should have been addressed as a Moderator.

FM, I didnt accuse you of throwing anything out. Read the post. I wished you the best in your new position, and other advice that you can take or leave.

Lurk

Comment

Silver's original poll did not include several realistic choices of aircraft, after two members voiced their opinions on the matter I added them. I have also corrected the Swedish option after Turkey pointed the error out. I did this in the interests of gaining a more detailed idea of the members views.

I did not alter his posts, I merely amended the poll & corrected a mistake. There was nothing sinister about it. If people don't like criticism or correction, they shouldn't post.

If anyone is unhappy about what I've done they can contact the administrators, otherwise they can take public moaning to the General board.

Comment

Working...
                        X