Combat School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combat School

Starting at 22:00 tonight on the History Channel, Combat School, its tells the story of a Canadian unit training for and deploying to Ghanners. looks top notch

It's a great documentry and goes to show how the Canadians are adapting their training for the Afghan theatre. Superb show, superb soldiers!!

Comment

is it this one CS?:

http://www.discoverychannel.ca/showpage.aspx?sid=14403
      RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

I know Rhodie from the Airbone Regiment days... he is also a long time Paratrooper.

Good show; our training has evolved a lot since the beginning of our involvement in Afghanistan, and evolves constantly from lessons learned in theater.

Good show !!
        "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

Really good show! Definitely will have to set series record on this, unlike many of these shows it seems really in depth and it isnt running through months of training in a single episode.

Comment

is it on History Channel UK? i can't find it listed on there or any reference to it on it's website.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

it's OK, managed to find it on Sky Remote Record. thanks CS.
              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

For those of us without satelite television, has this show been uploaded onto the net yet?
                "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by Steamy Window View Post
                  For those of us without satelite television, has this show been uploaded onto the net yet?
                  yes mate - it's all here for the taking:

www - Combat School Torrents...
                  RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                    yes mate - it's all here for the taking:

www - Combat School Torrents...
                    Thank you
                    "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle View Post
                      I know Rhodie from the Airbone Regiment days... he is also a long time Paratrooper.
                      Good show; our training has evolved a lot since the beginning of our involvement in Afghanistan, and evolves constantly from lessons learned in theater.
                      Good show !!
                      Welcome on board Jungle!!. For a while there I thought we had lost you-what with you saying that the end was nigh in 2010 when you had earlier told us you were deploying there in November. I was seriously worried!

Jungle ]308822]You know what, I was wrong, but so were you. I don't know why I had 2010 in mind... Anyway, I am deploying this fall myself, with a planned return sometime in late spring / early summer.
                      For myself, in my young days I would frequently tell a newly-acquired girlfriend in a night-club that I was deploying the following day. This was in an effort to get the sympathy vote immediately -it did not always work.

I will try and catch the programme over the weekend and let you have my observations.
                      Last edited by timhorgan; 31 July 2010, 12:13.

Comment

I think I'll sight my 81 on Tim's POS and await his observations...

Comment

Originally posted by CS Gass View Post
                          I think I'll sight my 81 on Tim's POS and await his observations...
                          lol - target marked...
                          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                          X