Jungle Warfare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jungle Warfare

Got something in the email about the International Jungle Warfare Course run by the BA in Belize.

I remember An Cosantoir covering an article back in early 2000's about a group of ARW and 28th? Bn soldiers going on the course.

I had the fantastic chance of getting some informal training in tracking off a member of that group a few years back. Instilled a keen interest.

Has there been further courses since then made available by the DF?

Here's the link in the mail I got.

De pagina die u wilde zien of het bestand dat u wilde bekijken is niet gevonden.
    "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

I believe the DF sent people to Belize in 2006 and 2007, and to Brunei in 2006 and 2010.

Comment

do you know what the make up was? Were they all arw or was it a mixed team, nco's officer? I would imagine sniper/ recce territory or would some be involved in a different capacity?
      "The Question is not: how far you will take this? The Question is do you possess the constitution to go as far as is needed?"

Comment

Originally posted by fiannoglach View Post
        I believe the DF sent people to Belize in 2006 and 2007, and to Brunei in 2006 and 2010.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ZULU View Post
          do you know what the make up was? Were they all arw or was it a mixed team, nco's officer? I would imagine sniper/ recce territory or would some be involved in a different capacity?
          snipers aren't very effective in the jungle.

when we were in the jungle in Africa we were trained to bin Optics and go to Iron Sights.

it' SOP for British soldiers in Jungle Ops.
          Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 19 August 2010, 00:27.
          RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

ARW and one bod from 28th inf bn. friend of mine was on the trip but cant remember what he said about how the 28th guy was on it.

nothing new in detachments been sent on courses overseas. as far i remember this one happened a little before liberia or east timor trips. so probably a bit of familiarisation trainiing....setting up our own instructor cadre....or something similar.
            An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by X-RayOne View Post

nothing new in detachments been sent on courses overseas. as far i remember this one happened a little before liberia or east timor trips. so probably a bit of familiarisation trainiing....setting up our own instructor cadre....or something similar.
              If there are Instructor Cadre, do the DF now run their own courses in areas like Belize and Brunei?

Comment

If there are Instructor Cadre, do the DF now run their own courses in areas like Belize and Brunei?
                ROFL that would be a no, the only overseas ex with troop involvement that I know of what the one for NBG.

Troops headed for East Timor did part of their acclimatisation/pre-deployment training in I think it was northern Australia.

As far as I remember this course was post-East Timor, think it was around the time they first went to Liberia.

Comment

Working...
                X