Aircraft colour schemes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircraft colour schemes

According to an AC techie over on Frank's board, each Squadron crew room has been supplied with sketches of the PC-9 to "colour in" - i.e. to make suggestions on what colour scheme the new trainers should have.

He says there have been many excellent suggestions, including one complete with a "Sharks Mouth" design for the nose of the PC-9's ( I believe RAAF and Brazilian trainers use these designs)

He also says that there is a section on the sketches for making suggestions on what colour schemes other AC aircraft should have - with the possibility of one scheme for all aircraft.

---------------------------------
    I don't see the need for ONE ONLY colour scheme for the fleet. It's not as if it would increase maintenance cost to any great extent to have different colours.
    I would like to see the following colour schemes -

PC-9 - DPM (as Army Mowag) or low viz grey (with Sharks mouth design on at least 4 aircraft)

Light Helis - Military green (with 2 helis painted black)

SAR Helis - As Dauphin, or US Coast Guard scheme.

Naval Helis - Low viz grey.

Defender - (i.e.Cessna replacement) Low viz grey.

Transport - (i.e. C27J , C295) Military green.
    IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Something like this?

This PC-9 is in service with the RAAF, looks well.. (complete with sharks mouth)

And the other, (still oz) but how it might look. :-patriot:

Comment

Here is one you can take away and colour in..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Gee thanks Goldie....You're one swell guy !!

Yeah Conco,
        That low viz grey + sharks mouth looks the biz !

Have the AC ever used/designed a low viz roundel ?

Comment

Let me just clarify the concept here....this is a thread about painting.
          Painting aircraft we don't and in most cases probably won't have.
          "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Eh.....by all accounts we ARE getting the PC-9's , the main topic of discussion here.

Comment

Thats why I used the word MOST.
              "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Low viz grey for the whole fleet (with the exception of SAR helis)

Comment

Lo-vis

low-vis for everything, SAR can easly be accomadated with demountable strobes, not that paint makes a lot of difference if we do not have air-defence JETS,
                  yours
                  Turkey, your resident irratating b/stard:D :-patriot:
                  "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                  Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                  Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Pilatus page up on the site...

Irish Military Online Pilatus PC-9M

There's a pic on there you can print out and colour in, then scan it in and post it on here for all of us to see...

Comment

i like colours oh yes i do lalalala

Ok lads i'll probably never ever ever live this down but if theres ever a colouring competition to get into the air corps i'd reckon i'd be right in there

I had time on my hands ok!!!!

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

I'm impressed!

Comment

Here's a scheme to warm the hearts of the Peace Camp Protestors, Green Party etc, etc.

Non-threatening, inclusive paint scheme with no neo-facistic, imperialistic warmongering overtones, which will present a positive, non-judgemental environmentally-friendly image in the Irish skies and abroad.

Last edited by yellowjacket; 1 February 2003, 01:36.

Comment

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Comment

If you hurry,you should be able to get all your entries into the Texaco Childrens art competition...
                              Very nice design btw there nonexistantfoo..grey..just like our foreign policy..

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X