"Top 100" Gay, Bisexual and Lesbian Employer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Top 100" Gay, Bisexual and Lesbian Employer

The Royal Air Force has for the first time attained prestigious recognition by renowned charity Stonewall as a 'Top 100' employer for lesbian, gay and bisexual (LGB) people in Britain.

Stonewall's benchmarking process, called the Workplace Equality Index (WEI), runs each year and is an extremely rigorous evaluation of organisations' LGB policies, personnel engagement processes and supporting networks.

This is obviously where we need to send our 'transgender' soldiers as they will settle in better there, away from the majority like me who still believe they are better off somewhere else:

read more here: www.proud2serve.net/raf_LGBT
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
    This is obviously where we need to send our 'transgender' soldiers as they will settle in better there, away from the majority like me who still believe they are better off somewhere else:
    As always RGJ, you're a sterling example of the values and standards of the British Army.

Comment

that would be me Barry

nah all joking aside - i am a professional soldier and of course i adhere to the rules at work, because i have to - and if i don't then i would be in a world of sh|t as to make such a fuss during the course of my duties which as you quite rightly highlighted would go against the British Army's Values and Standards and to that end i must both adhere to and enforce such rules.

but that does not mean i have to agree with it and what i say down the pub, in the Mess or on here is just idle chit chat. so while i may have my own opinions which incidentally are similar to most lads i serve with, this does not reflect how i perform on a day to day basis with such people.

and the reason i posted this article is because i actually think the RAF are much more tolerant and have adapted to this issue much better than the British Army have and fair play to them.

yes we may be behind in our attitudes but i and many other are still not happy with it, although at work we do not allow that to be part of the equation.

no matter how badly you think we the British Army may be on this subject, we are miles ahead of some armies including the US Army, and even the Catholic Church for example!

well done to the RAF in addressing this issue better than we have.

now has anyone seen my bra?!
      Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 16 January 2011, 05:47.
      RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Do we hear a closet door opening RGJ

you protest the most about Women and Gays in the Military

and then you somehow just happen to come across the top 100 employer info

as you mistakenly access the Lesbian Gay and Transgender web site.

creakkkkkkkkkkkkk ( the sound of a clsoet door)
        Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
        Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
        The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
        The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
        The best lack all conviction, while the worst
        Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Here's a clip of RGJ i found earlier.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

damn it Hedgie - you busted me!

i only saw the article because when we log onto our computers at work we get the 'Daily MOD News' on it.

well that's my excuse anyhow
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
              damn it Hedgie - you busted me!

i only saw the article because when we log onto our computers at work we get the 'Daily MOD News' on it.

well that's my excuse anyhow
              Its a good enough excuse for me mate.

everyone knows that you Northsiders are so facially challenged that even the sisters

in Shawshank Prison wouldnt touch you lot
              Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
              Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
              The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
              The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
              The best lack all conviction, while the worst
              Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Working...
              X