Air Corps Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Corps Stories

Just thought id see do anybody know any AC stories involving Foreign AF etc.

I heard one off one of the Silver Swallows team that when they were heading to the UK in Formation over Wales, two Tornado's appeared one on each side, both Tornado's stayed in Close with the Swallows and there was no Radio Conact what so ever, a few Minutes later the Two Tornado's put on Afterburner and headed Straight on!

Any yes we all know about the Casa and the two F-15e's from Lakenheath !

Comment

I don't
      Meh.

Comment

Oh it involves practice intercepts, afterburners and a general feeling of inadequecy on the part of the Casa pilots. I believe the pilots in those fighters were chewing tobacco at the time. Has anyone ever tried to do anything after chewing tobacco? Not to mention dexadrine.... it's a wonder the Casa came back at all.

Heard recently that the G4 was intercepted with a VIP on board over France. The only indication that there was an aircraft close by was on the TCAS close in below and behind. They never saw anything else.

Comment

Scorpy you are wrong, the F-15e's were actually defeated by the Casa as they tried to Jam it etc.

The f-15e's were embarrased aswell as one of them had a prob with the gear and the 2 Jets were talking away arguing over why the other one mucked up the gear and the Casa was listening in, anyhow the jets decided to tell the Casa that it's was "Technical Fault" But the Casa crew were listening to the Conversation and started laughing at the jets.

Saw the Video & all.

Comment

Shhh! Don't give the CASA guys big heads! No, I apologise, there were issues as mentioned. I know the co-pilot. By the way, how the hell does a Casa 'defeat' an F15? Surely not with its charm! Oh, lots of stories, none suitable for here.......... except for back a few years ago there was a C141 starlifter here from the Air National Guard that flew in the Salthill Airshow that had a bad episode of Startrek going on in the back as it did the whole wing waggle thing down the seafront. Bizarre experience, possibly to do with the tobacco I was chewing at the time...and where did I get that stuff from? Oh yeah, the same guys whose ground crew had screwed up their gear pins. Superpower, my ass! Just put them all on cold turkey for a while, we'll see who's boss...

Comment

Thats my Airshow! By the Way the C-141 guys were from Mc Quire AFB in NJ as a treat we got to go down to EINN the day after the Show and got to visit the crew and sit in the seat etc etc yippee!

Have some great pics, should post them here if i ever can.!

The c-141 actually ferried back Gen ********* who was working in the US Embassy until his time ended. Ah well

Comment

A relation of mine was on the Casa that day with the F15e's

Comment

I tried to get some pictures out the window, but all that came out was a large piece of engine and a startled looking seagull. I suppose I was laughing too hard at the crew running around the back like a bunch of Benny Hill extras.

Comment

mnay years ago while I worked in waterford airport the original casa was on a routine FP mission and the crew decided to drop in for coffee and discoverd that the british open golf tournament was on the telly so they decided to stay and watch....and retourned home to the Don afterwards.

Next morning I recieved a phonecall from a very worried pilot whpo informed me that his Co had been wondering where the aircraft was for the sunday afternoon and could i help him out.....I agreed to alter the tower log movement sheets to show that C250 had infact een carrying out circuits and touch and go's for the afternoon.Moments later I recieved a call from his CO wondering if I could fax him a copy of the tower log and movements sheet for the previous afternoon.

I was delighted to help of couse!....Later in the day I recieved a call from the pilot saying that his CO was thrilled to see that the crew had been carrying out ILS approaches into waterford and had not been wasting his time flying around the coast in poor weather conditions wasting time .....little did the co know that his crew gave the afternoon drinking coffee and watching golf........and every body was happy.

Even later on the OC called back thanking me for my enthusiast assistance in the matter and if there was any way that he could repay me in the future he would gladly do so........one nice fine day I got to spend a patrol with the crew of said same aircraft......its nice to be nice!
                    Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

I agreed to alter the tower log movement sheets to show that C250 had infact een carrying out circuits and touch and go's for the afternoon.

Not exactly something to be proud of. Records like those you altered are used for air accident investigation, etc.

Comment

The original logs were retained as per normal it was merely the ammended set that were sent to the officer in question and anyway it was amovement sheet and not the actual official tower log....please read the humour as asked for and don't be so officisous.....There would never be a far reaching implication to such actions .......read the humour and forget the nit picking.:flagwave:
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Sorry, hptmurphy, but I dont see the word humour referred to anywhere in the thread, and I do not nit pick. The implications of "amended" records were mentioned during the the Tuskar Vicount investigation, where military records in the UK were allegedly amended. I hope that you have since got the balls to refuse such "requests".

Comment

so lets open another tribunal......what murf did to get guys out of the shit. ithink everybody who has ever served in the DF or is serving has covered an officers arse at some stage! as I said earlier the original document was unaltered and is still available but this was not made availabeto his superior as it would have endangered the mans carreer.as he is no longer serving it is not an issue and this is why I have posted the story. I was well aware of the implacations at the time......helping a guy out can hardly be equated with the greatest avaiatio
                            n .disaster in the history of the state....which had nothing to do with the Brits.....

Comment

I remember the last Airshow in Baldonnell a British Private pilot(dont remember his aircraft) who refused to be marshalled by Irish air corps personell and insisted on demanding clearance to take off while flying displays were still in progress..,and lost his slot for departure at the shows end....delayed by 4 hours....Dont fawk with ATC!
                              Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

Working...
                              X