US Navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Navy

hey i was looking at a recruiting video from the american navy the other day a mate gave me a look at it and my god was i totally impressed but one thing i cant figure out is if your irish can you join or do you need citizenship and if i joined the irish navy could i take like a transfer???

i know alot of you will have mixed feeling about ,an irish person joining a foreign military organisation and especially with whose chief of staff there at the moment! we wont say his name, but god he's a plonker but still the yanks have all ways stuck by us and stuff so i wouldnt mind fighting for them and plus if we (ireland that is) ever ran in to trouble it would be the yanks to back us up.

check out this site if any ones interested http://www.navy.com/index.jsp

Comment

You need to be at least a permanent resident. Even then your choice of billets (jobs) will be restricted. My cousin joined as an Irish citizen (us resident) and got offered the medical corps or deckhand. Needless to say, it was the medical corps.

-Y
      Meh.

Comment

how do you go about joining as a U.S citizen/ does it take long and how much money would they be on compared to ourselves? like would they be getting alot more? could i go for a cadetship?

Comment

ha....

first get residency. Then wait 5 years to get citizenship. Then join

Not sure about the money. There are basic E/O pay grades posted on the web, but there are also things like flight pay, hardship duty etc.

-Y
          Meh.

Comment

nice one! the 5years thing sounds a bit drastic, if it was only a few months i wouldnt mind! think ill just stick to the irish navy

Comment

Yeah, tis a bit rough alright. Especially as getting residency is hard enough. Perhaps the RN might be a better option?

-Y
              Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by newby
                nice one! the 5years thing sounds a bit drastic, if it was only a few months i wouldnt mind! think ill just stick to the irish navy
                Yeah, Irish is good if you're afraid of helis landing on you...since they don't have them!

:D
                "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by yooklid
                  Perhaps the RN might be a better option?

-Y
                  no i could never consider joining them! i think there very, well firstly i think it would be quite unpatriotic! after wat they done to our country and surpressed for years, oh look im not a ra head, but dont get me started!

Comment

Nothin wrong with the RN really, you can go straight in without waiting for citizenship i think.

Comment

join the royal navy, u mad, {section of post deleted by moderator for rascism and ignorance}, but again as i said never for them....

Comment

Have you anything against the Danes Newby..........?

Regards etc

Comment

damn. Can of worms, opened again. I nominate myself for 1 penaly point
                          Meh.

Comment

Bloody Vikings.....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

hmm, no! wats there navy complement! id consider it........

Comment

Working...
                              X