Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Military Hyper realistic training

Pretty intense stuff

looks brilliant - that's the way most training is going now.

explosions in mock villages are nothing new to us and we've been using amputee's as casualties for years and training 'suicide vests' are the norm now but the pyrotechnics in this look great.

nice find Schmigs.
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Nice find!
      Go Mairidís Beo

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
        looks brilliant - that's the way most training is going now.

explosions in mock villages are nothing new to us and we've been using amputee's as casualties for years and training 'suicide vests' are the norm now but the pyrotechnics in this look great.

nice find Schmigs.
        There was actually some BA lads down in the DFTC recently with our MO's showing them their latest training methods with regards to trauma makeup, amputee's etc.

I wasn't there but according to a mate serving in the Medics that was there, it was absolutely quality.

Comment

Read that the US Army is going to be changing its fitness test from the standard sit-ups/push-ups/run to something more fit for the recent combat environment (like navigating obstacle courses while wearing ruck gear). Not a bad idea...but I'm hoping the Navy doesn't follow suit in the near future as I'm trying to get in shape under the standard program for my OCS application.
          "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by faughanballagh View Post
            Read that the US Army is going to be changing its fitness test from the standard sit-ups/push-ups/run to something more fit for the recent combat environment (like navigating obstacle courses while wearing ruck gear). Not a bad idea...but I'm hoping the Navy doesn't follow suit in the near future as I'm trying to get in shape under the standard program for my OCS application.

we've already done that - since September 2010 we have the OFT's - Operational Fitness Tests - all done in body armour with weapon and helmet and involving tests more relevant to the battlefield.

it makes sense if the US and other armies bring this in too.
            Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 5 March 2011, 10:18.
            RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

We were were in our JRTC rotation we used some of this stuff - ISR and a couple of other things. That is good stuff though - the screaming for the Corpsman when it's the corpsman that is wounded was good - happened on our tour.

Regarding the PT test - I hope they use the new test as a supplemental one - I think they should keep the standard current one too.
              There may be only one time in your life when your country will call upon you and you will be the only one who can do the nasty job that has to be done -- do it or forever after there will be the taste of ashes in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by ARNGScout View Post
                Regarding the PT test - I hope they use the new test as a supplemental one - I think they should keep the standard current one too.
                we still have the standard tests - the OFT's only come into effect when a unit is warned for operations. OFT's are in addition to the standard tests which still need to be passed so yes they are supplemental when required.
                RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Working...
                X