Chinese snipers win Military and Police Sniper World Cup ’11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese snipers win Military and Police Sniper World Cup ’11

Chinese snipers placed first in four of the five events at the 10th Military and Police Sniper World Cup in Budapest. Chinese sniper Xu Bo placed first overall, Qing Feng, also Chinese, came in second with Martin Kunz, of Austria, coming in at third. Nineteen countries had team participating, including Austria, Belarus, Britain, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland, USA, Ukraine and Vietnam.

Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Isnt that IRISH DPM???? we mustve sold it to the chinese!
    "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
    "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

it must be noted that they managed to beat a british team when they had the disadvantage of this sight picture all the time.
      Attached Files

Comment

Well done to all participants in particular the chinese who managed top slots despite the huge disadvantage of what appears to be inferior sights
        Last edited by knocker; 2 June 2011, 20:31.
        Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

fair shooting all the same

Comment

* TRGon 03 Jun 2011 at 10:04 am link comment (http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...#comment-64237)

Hello to All,

I have just returned from Budapest, Hungary where I participated in the 2011 Police and Military Sniper World Cup. It was my first such competition and I placed in the top third among 107 competitors from Europe and Asia. You all can read about the structure of the competition (types of exercises, location, etc) on the Web so I won’t go into that.

What I will go into was the rampant cheating on the part of the Chinese military and police teams and the complicity of the event organizers and judges. This isn’t sour grapes because I was nowhere near the top of the leader board and the cheating did not effect my individual scores or final placement. What it did effect was the integrity of the competition and the hard work and excellent performances of the teams, specifically from the Czech Republic.

Here are some samples:

During a night shoot exercise during a preparatory display of the targets several shooters jumped the gun and shot on their targets – a classic display of a lack of concentration and trigger control…it happens. Initially the on-field judges asked the shooters to stand away from the line so that they could be identified and given a Zero score for the exercise. No one stood up. Competitors in that area of the line then pointed to several shooters from China’s police team, as well as members from other teams, as the shooters. The judges then cleared the line and went down range to check targets. As I watched through my spotting scope (the range was a little over 100m) I saw which targets had been shot. Most had been shot by Chinese shooters. When the judges returned they had a discussion. They then announced that the range staff had “made a mistake” and that the exercise would be re-shot. Complaints where shouted from all who did not shoot and another meeting was called. It was then announced that the exercise would be cancelled and another would be held in its place.The end result was that Chinese shooters who should have received zero scores for their error were not penalized at all.

A day exercise involved shooting 400+m targets from positions of cover behind a barricade. This was a team event involving two shooters with 3 shots each. After the event we moved up to the 215m line to shoot another exercise on another, smaller value target. As we moved the judges moved forward and marked, apparently unbeknownst to the Chinese, the hit/misses on the previously shot high value targets. We then shot the closer exercise and went forward to look. It turned out that the high value targets shot by the Chinese competitors had both marked and unmarked holes on them. It would have been impossible to any professional sniper to have mistaken the targets. The Chinese double shot them to falsely get as many points as possible.

On the last day of the competition the top two position were held by snipers from China and the Czech Republic. The point spread was very close. After an exercise one of the judges approached the Czech shooter and told him he would be assessed a 25 point penalty. He asked why and she replied by telling him she was very sorry but had been instructed to do so by the competition organizers. She could/would not tell him the technical reason for the penalty. The Chinese shooter ended up winning the competition by a margin of less than 25 points.

During the competition word soon spread about the cheating by the Chinese teams and the favoritism shown to them by the event organizers. The tone of the competition soon turned from one of comradeship and sportsmanship to one of frustration. At the awards ceremony no one but the Chinese shooters and their entourage applauded when the winner was announced. After the awards ceremony all Chinese participants left the venue like thieves in the night for what I assume was a reception elsewhere.

I later learned from event staff (who were also disgusted by what they were ordered what to see and what not to see) the following facts: the Chinese government was the principal sponsor of the event; the Chinese teams had been in Hungary for the previous two months, had been given the exercises beforehand (everyone else learned about the exercises at a briefing held the night before the first day of competition), and had each sent several thousand rounds down range before the start of the event.

That’s it. Draw your own conclusions. If you are as outraged as I am – and again, I stress that I had no chance of winning (this time!) and the cheating did not effect me personally – please pass this information along. Better yet, check my claims out for yourselves. I’ve purposely left names out but you can see the results for yourselves on-line. This could have been a great competition but it ended up being a farce. I think the only was to solve this problem is to bring all of this to light. When this event is discredited, as I think it should be, perhaps competitors will boycott it until changes are made the the playing field is leveled.

The true winners of this event were robbed. The competitor from the Czech Republic who came in second is, in my opinion, the greatest competing sniper in the world and a good guy to boot.
            Interesting read.

Connaught Stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
              it must be noted that they managed to beat a british team when they had the disadvantage of this sight picture all the time.
              and what exactly do you mean by that?
              Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 3 June 2011, 11:36.
              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Chinese snipers placed first in four of the five events at the 10th Military and Police Sniper World Cup in Budapest. Chinese sniper Xu Bo placed first overall, Qing Feng, also Chinese, came in second with Martin Kunz, of Austria, coming in at third. Nineteen countries had team participating, including Austria, Belarus, Britain, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Slovakia, Switzerland, USA, Ukraine and Vietnam.
                Why was it felt that there was a need to bold the word "Britain"
                Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                  and what exactly is meant by:

Originally posted by The real Jack View Post
                  other than for the obvious purpose of trolling - why 'must that be noted', and what advantage / disadvantages were to be had?
                  Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 3 June 2011, 12:33.
                  RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Lads
                    Real jack was just pointing out something
                    Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

That he has an inferiority complex

MOD: Glad you edited your post
                      Last edited by Vickers; 3 June 2011, 12:48.

Comment

MOD: If this turns into another pissing thread I will hand out more points.
                        "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Originally posted by Connaught Stranger View Post
                          Interesting read.

Connaught Stranger.
                          The plot thickens

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
                          Because other posters feel the need to post everything from http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/ .

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                          and what exactly is meant by:
                          I just heard a rumour that they dont use normal mil dot scopes...dunno if its true or not.

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                          That he is hung like a gnat and has an inferiority complex
                          Sober today are we?

Comment

Originally Posted by hedgehog

Because other posters feel the need to post everything from http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/ .

Quote:

Ah the classic defence of all the other kids were doing it as well mammy;

however Jack- you opened this thread- you were the first to post

you bolded the word "Britain"

and you did it to stir up shite against the neighbours- I am glad to see that

you failed.
                            Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
                            Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
                            The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere***
                            The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
                            The best lack all conviction, while the worst
                            Are full of passionate intensity.

Comment

Sober today are we?[/QUOTE]

If posts in the foreign section upset you so much then why read them ? How about putting anyone who makes your blood boil on your ignore list ?
                              Last edited by knocker; 3 June 2011, 14:49.

Comment

Working...
                              X