Understanding Reservists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding Reservists

the UK Ministry of Defence has created a site to help employers understand and come to terms with the value and commitments of Reserve Soldiers in the UK.

plenty of useful info in there including training costs etc but some of the stuff may be generic and could help some part-timers out there explain the situation to their own employers for future reference:

http://www.sabre.mod.uk

might be of interest to a few of you out there, hope it helps.
    Attached Files
    RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

This is an excellent website, and the brochures are especially useful in
    conveying the relative value of the military training to a civilian employer
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Are there any legal protections in the UK for reservists job-wise when they get deployed somewhere?
      "Everyone's for a free Tibet, but no one's for freeing Tibet." -Mark Steyn. What an IMO-centric quote, eh?

Comment

This website has been around for a good number of years

Comment

Originally posted by DeV View Post
          This website has been around for a good number of years
          so? who said otherwise? and what's that got to do with the price of fish?
          Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 10 June 2011, 10:27.
          RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by faughanballagh View Post
            Are there any legal protections in the UK for reservists job-wise when they get deployed somewhere?
            If their mobilisation is compulsory then yes their employers are obliged to keep their jobs for them when they return from ops
            Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

don't they get compensated for any loss of earnings too?

i think they call it COLI or something - Compensation Of Lost Income.

i.e. if a Reservist earning a lot more money in Civ Div then deploys with 3 UK DIV he will receive his Army pay PLUS extra pay to ensure he is not out of pocket compared to his civvie job.

i was deployed and had a TA Rifleman in my section who was on £55K - about £30K more than the rest of us at the time!

the likes of Rod and Serpent will be able to tell you more.
              Last edited by RoyalGreenJacket; 10 June 2011, 10:35.
              RGJ

The Rifles

Comment

I think the best way to understand Irish reservists, is to look at this guy....

Comment

I think i've seen that guy in the glen.

Comment

I've seen that GIRL in Kilworth.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalGreenJacket View Post
                      so? who said otherwise? and what's that got to do with the price of fish?
                      I taught this was another MOD press release

Comment

Working...
                      X