Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running

Been doing quite a bit of running lately but i keep gettin blisters after about 20minutes running on flat ground. have done running in the past and never gotten blisters before. seem to develop them on the inside of my fit behind the ball of the foot.

Anybody got any ideas to stop this from happening, i know i cud use compeed plasters on them but looking for a more permanent solution...

Thanks!

Originally posted by Mr. Tezza View Post
    Been doing quite a bit of running lately but i keep gettin blisters after about 20minutes running on flat ground. have done running in the past and never gotten blisters before. seem to develop them on the inside of my fit behind the ball of the foot.

Anybody got any ideas to stop this from happening, i know i cud use compeed plasters on them but looking for a more permanent solution...

Thanks!
    Your runners might need changing. If theyre rubbing against your foot in a certain way you'll get a blister. Try thicker socks
    To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

Originally posted by HavocIRL View Post
      Your runners might need changing. If theyre rubbing against your foot in a certain way you'll get a blister. Try thicker socks
      Think I mite try gettin some new socks so! the ones i normally wear running are pretty past it! cheaper than a new pair of runners, tho they're not the best at the moment either...

Comment

Well try the socks first.
        To close with and kill the enemy in all weather conditions, night and day and over any terrain

Comment

You could also try to use foot powder; it will keep your feet dry and help prevent hot spots.
          "On the plains of hesitation, bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the very dawn of victory, laid down to rest, and in resting died.

Never give up!!"

Comment

up to lidl and get a pack of the gel plasters, put on the effected area before your run and hopefully the new sock and gel plaster will prevent the blister, im a divil for gettin em when i do a 1O miler, under my baby toe, tis a bitch

Comment

Would anyone know where in the Dublin area you can get either custom sole inserts made up or custom trainers made up. I need a specific heel raise on each foot. I had inserts before from a physio but they've come apart, and would be prone to move within the shoe. I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Tezza View Post
                have done running in the past and never gotten blisters before. seem to develop them on the inside of my fit behind the ball of the foot.
                Thats excatly where I only ever get my blisters but more around the 45-50 min mark, it all comes back to your runners and the type of arch you have, both go hand in hand. Get check for what arch you have and they will recommend a runner for you, most places usually do this for free in a few mins. Try the runners and if you still get the blisters you may need custom soles. Changing socks won't do much. If you never used to get them and now suddenly do you could just need new runners, asics have an average limit of about 700-800 miles before your to replace them, after that the arch begins to fail and the support goes in them.
                Don't stand there GAWPING, like you've never seen the hand of God BEFORE!!

Comment

If you go into certain Elvery's stores you can get yourself recorded running free of charge and a trained member of staff will review the tape with you and explain to you your running 'style' and advise you on the best type of runners to get.

I did it myself in the store in Arklow town and got a great pair of asics out of it for running. Would seriously advise anyone who wishes to get into running to get this done.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                    Would anyone know where in the Dublin area you can get either custom sole inserts made up or custom trainers made up. I need a specific heel raise on each foot. I had inserts before from a physio but they've come apart, and would be prone to move within the shoe. I'm looking for a more permanent solution.
                    Do you have fallen arches?

Comment

Originally posted by Rhodes View Post
                      Do you have fallen arches?
                      Maybe slightly on my left foot. My left tibia is bigger than my right, causing all sorts of issues. The physio picked it up, and gave me insoles which raised my heel and arch in my left foot, and raised my heel in my right foot. But all the activity I do has since destroyed the insoles. So I'd to find a more permanent solution to deal with it, like maybe runners fitted for my requirements?

Comment

The psyhio department in Blackrock Clinic will do custom insoles from Canada.... not cheaply!

Comment

So I'd to find a more permanent solution to deal with it, like maybe runners fitted for my requirements?
                          Have you gone to a running shop ? new balance make some excellent trainers , bit expensive but worth it.
                          Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier - Samuel Johnson

Comment

This would be the first step I've taken in this. The advice I've had is to get some proper orthotic insoles made up. So I'm going to start shopping around and maybe see if VHI could cover it.

Comment

This would be the first step I've taken in this. The advice I've had is to get some proper orthotic insoles made up. So I'm going to start shopping around and maybe see if VHI could cover it.
                              VHI will only cover it if you have a letter from a consultant!

Comment

Working...
                              X