DF issue Sleeping Bag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF issue Sleeping Bag

Can some tell me who makes the issue sleeping bag, the big one with ' PROPERTY OF THE DEFENCE FORCES' on it?

Or point in the direction to buy one? minus the prop of the df bit!

Originally posted by mercurydoc View Post
    Can some tell me who makes the issue sleeping bag, the big one with ' PROPERTY OF THE DEFENCE FORCES' on it?

They come from Poland.

Comment

Get A snugpak!

Comment

You could get a snugpak tent bivvy and sleeping bag combo smaller than that monster!!
        Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

I think these were on issue, not sure if they still are tho.

What are you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem.

Comment

Which one?Their are at least five different sleeping bags that have been on issue to the DF since 1998.
            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
              Which one?Their are at least five different sleeping bags that have been on issue to the DF since 1998.
              these are new , there no marking on them except 'propp of the df' on the bag and the bottomof the actually bag, its acold weather bag, its luxury in a bag!! feckin think fills the bergan half way!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ODIN View Post
                I think these were on issue, not sure if they still are tho.

http://www.nanok.no/engelsk/page32/page34/page34.html
                Yep thats the one I was issued
                I went into an Italian restaurant and ordered dessert and they gave me tiramisu and a blindfolded horse and I said No, I said mask a pony (mascarpone)

Comment

To get that authentic military sleeping bag experience, buy a green sleeping bag. Then get 30 of your mates to run around on a hot and humid day, so that they're sufficiently sweaty. Then have them all roll around in the mud, thorny bushes and sheep shite. Then make sure they each eat curry, cabbage and any other flatulence inducing foods. Have them all spend an hour in the sleeping bag, getting everyone to change their clothes, including underwear, picking away the scabs from the scratches caused by rolling over thorns, whilst randomly nominating 5 of the lads to relieve themselves by way of a five knuckle shuffle in the bag. Once complete, roll bag up, put bag into storage for a month, allowing all stains to ingrain themselves into the bag.

Take bag out, and roll out the bag in a situation where there no other alternative sleeping arrangements are available, and 'VOILA!', you're getting the military sleeping bag experience.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                    To get that authentic military sleeping bag experience, buy a green sleeping bag. Then get 30 of your mates to run around on a hot and humid day, so that they're sufficiently sweaty. Then have them all roll around in the mud, thorny bushes and sheep shite. Then make sure they each eat curry, cabbage and any other flatulence inducing foods. Have them all spend an hour in the sleeping bag, getting everyone to change their clothes, including underwear, picking away the scabs from the scratches caused by rolling over thorns, whilst randomly nominating 5 of the lads to relieve themselves by way of a five knuckle shuffle in the bag. Once complete, roll bag up, put bag into storage for a month, allowing all stains to ingrain themselves into the bag.

Take bag out, and roll out the bag in a situation where there no other alternative sleeping arrangements are available, and 'VOILA!', you're getting the military sleeping bag experience.

This sounds a little too much like real exprience ....
                    Anything you wanna tell us ???

"Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post

Ahh, the good old days before sleeping bags were personal issue
                      CRIME SCENE INSTIGATOR

Comment

Originally posted by REX View Post
                        Ahh, the good old days before sleeping bags were personal issue
                        as opposed to the good new days... in the RDF ... when they still arent? manky disgusting sacks of putrid, festering, bacteria infested, broken zipped, woebegone piles of cack.

but come in off a patrol at 3 am in the middle of November

and it'll be the happiest moment of the ex when you crawl back into your bag and the warm embracing waft of the sweat and farts of every other soldier who's ever had the misfortune of sleeping in your bag before you.

not for the squeamish!
                        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
                          as opposed to the good new days... in the RDF ... when they still arent?
                          Personal issue kit or not, it should not go back into stores unless its clean just like any other piece of kit or equipment.

Comment

these are new , there no marking on them except 'propp of the df' on the bag and the bottomof the actually bag, its acold weather bag, its luxury in a bag!! feckin think fills the bergan half way!!!!
                            Sounds like the 2009 Ptn bag.Has it got Gaelic writing on it aswell?

Originally posted by kermit
                            That's why I always went in fully clothed, boots and all.
                            is there any other way to sleep in one on exercise?The most i ever remove is my boots,but only if the tactical situation allows.
                            "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
                              Sounds like the 2009 Ptn bag.Has it got Gaelic writing on it aswell?

is there any other way to sleep in one on exercise?The most i ever remove is my boots,but only if the tactical situation allows.
                              ya apod thats the one, will ya get me a name of manufacture or a site if you dont mind!

Comment

Working...
                              X