Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space Shuttle Breaks up on re entry..

FEARS OVER SPACE SHUTTLE

The Space Shuttle has been lost to NASA, with the agency saying it "fears for the worst" after losing touch with the Shuttle 200,000 miles above Texas this morning.

Seven astronauts are on board.

The spacecraft was due for a sheduled landing at 2.16 GMT. There are unconfirmed reports that "multiple tails" or vapour trails were seen coming from the craft as it was descending over the US.

A NASA spokeswoman said that "we have lost contact with the vehicle and the crew. I am sure that NASA is mobilising in the Dallas area.

One video scene shows what looks like debris falling to earth from the direction of the Shuttle

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Would this be the first Shuttle do be lost on re-entry?
    i have never heard of any shuttle being lost due to tech error?!......
    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

You mean 200,000 feet.

Sympathies goto the families of the Astronauts. I think this will set the space program back years. :(

Comment

Of course..thats what I get for quoting from the media without checking..

Comment

The vice president is in charge of the space program??? isint he...?:confused:

i hope he is.... god i wouldn't want Dubbia would start a war with the "Martians" ....:D

Also my deepist sympathays go out to the relateves to the airmen/women that were lost.....:( :confused:
          Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Remains of crew beginning to be found, this confirms that they are all dead :(

Lets hope that lessons are learned but our expeditions into space will not be hampered too much, I'm sure they would be happy to see that.

Deepest sympathies go out to their families :(

Comment

RIP - Space Shuttle Columbia crew.
              IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

To all that have died on STS107. You will not be frogotten. My deepest sympathies to the families of the crew.:(
                Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

I just heard a really insensitive joke.

NASA = Need Another Seven Astronauts.......

Its jokes like these that could really upset relatives of the dead crew.

Comment

That one came out back after the Challenger Crash...somebody has been waiting to use it again since 1986..Thank you for unearthing it...:(

Comment

Sympathies to the families. Its a terrible shame.

The question invariable arises as to why the shuttle burnt up.

It must be said that the space shuttle is firmly out of date and NASA and the U.S government bears all the responsiblity for this. It has been noted that the chances of something going wrong was as high as 1 in 100!!

I think this is a poignant example of a failure to replace old equipment. Once the reason as to what exactly the problem was, is discovered, the debate must immediately turn to seeking a new shuttle.

I think VentureStar is one name I heard

Comment

107 flights, 2 accidents. more like 1 in 50 chance of something going wrong
                        You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Would anybody here take the challenge of travelling in space if they could??

Pick me!!! Pick me!!! I'll do it!!!

Comment

I would love to. but as I`m no scientest or USAF Pilot or dont have enough money to pay way to space. I reall can see my self going to space :( :(
                            Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                            http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Pushing back the eedges of the 'envelope' will always be dangerous,these 7 men and women lost their lives securing a future for all mankind.
                              I feel sorry for their families , friends, and work colleages, who are now suffering a form of hell.
                              These were speical people, heros of our technical age, and that makes their deaths all the more worse.
                              "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                              Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                              Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X