The value of charisma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The value of charisma

Feeling like a bit of charisma vacuum myself at the moment.

It brought home a realisation tonight while we struggle to revive the espirit de corps of our sub unit that while young NCOs and officers are fitter and better educated than a decade ago but it feels as if that refinement has bred out some of the powerful personalities that drove troops to knit and formed tangible unit identities.

Am I wrong about this? Or have we become a bit too whitebread?
    "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Mmmm, don't know

I feel that units still get characters enlisting who will contribute much to the esprit de corps of a unit
    - not as many as in the past, though
    "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

The problem with ambitious people, i.e young NCOs, is that they are only keen on their next promotion, and are unwilling to put in the effort to build the troops under them.
      Same goes for all business, in my experience.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Well in our unit, you get issued charisma when you complete the pots course... in the form of a Pipe.

All units country wide will know the 65th A Coys NCO's by the pipes they smoke when strolling around the curragh on a summers eve

Im an ambitious NCO but to be honest im only ambitious to work as a good corporal. Ive no interest in the role of Sgt yet anyway. what we need are fec*ing recruits. ambitious charismatic ones at that.
        "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
        "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

Originally posted by morpheus View Post
          Well in our unit, you get issued charisma when you complete the pots course... in the form of a Pipe.

All units country wide will know the 65th A Coys NCO's by the pipes they smoke when strolling around the curragh on a summers eve

Im an ambitious NCO but to be honest im only ambitious to work as a good corporal. Ive no interest in the role of Sgt yet anyway. what we need are fec*ing recruits. ambitious charismatic ones at that.
          They give you pipe ???!!!
          "Well, stone me! We've had cocaine, bribery and Arsenal scoring two goals at home. But just when you thought there were truly no surprises left in football, Vinnie Jones turns out to be an international player!" (Jimmy Greaves)!"

Comment

Originally posted by Truck Driver View Post
            They give you pipe ???!!!
            I think you might be confusing this expression with the French "Faire La Pipe" which is something else. Ou resident expert on this subject would be Jungle!

Comment

Working...
            X