Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day Sacks

I'm in the market for a daysack.

For the last 5 years, for a patrol pack I've been using the camelbak HAWG http://www.camelbak.com/Military-Tac...2011-Hawg.aspx. Great bit of kit as a patrol pack / hydration carrier. But at 20L its just slightly too small for what I'm doing.

So I'm looking for an OD 30-35L daysack for around €60-€70.

I've been hearing good things about the Berghaus Centurio http://www.rvops.co.uk/berghaus-centurio-2710.html but they are hard to come by and you can't use the normal rocket pouches on it which is annoying.

I stumbled across this http://uktactical.com/acatalog/Asault_Pack.html but I've never heard anything good or bad about them??

Suggestions?
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Uktactical are great to deal with I know a lot of our lads including myself got their chest rigs! Quality is first rate!! I was looking at that pack myself but thought with the shape it wouldnt be the easiest to integrate with a bergen, I like the look of their "3DayPack" But its not available in OD anymore! Have since looked at the templar equivalent but havennt made a decision yet as iv heard mixed reviews of templar kit!!
    Train Hard Fight Easy!!!!

Comment

I hoping to pick up the Karrimor TECMAC 50 myself. Mainly because I'm usually dicked to carry a SINCGAR. Plus it looks very solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic-Warrior View Post
        Uktactical are great to deal with I know a lot of our lads including myself got their chest rigs! Quality is first rate!! I was looking at that pack myself but thought with the shape it wouldnt be the easiest to integrate with a bergen, I like the look of their "3DayPack" But its not available in OD anymore! Have since looked at the templar equivalent but havennt made a decision yet as iv heard mixed reviews of templar kit!!
        Yeah I had a look at the 3 day pack. But it looks a bit big for sticking in the bergen.

That Templar pack looks decent. http://www.trojantactical.com/produc...1&cat=0&page=1 but looking gucci is one thing. I always like reading review from people that have been angry camping with the piece of kit.

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

The Karrimor Predator Patrol.

That is all.

Comment

the Berghaus Centurio is very nice - bloke at work has one so i've had a feel - it certainly feels bigger than a Munro, and it appears to be as hard-wearing. the issue with the incompatability with the PLCE side-pouches is the big problem however.

the KarrimorSF Predator Patrol45 is pretty popular here as well - no known issues with it - except the age old one of if you've got a 45ltr sack, you'll fill it with 45ltrs of stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post

That is all.
              that's what i've got - brilliant bit of kit.
              RGJ

...Once a Rifleman - Always a Rifleman... Celer et Audax

The Rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Hello Alaska View Post

That is all.
                Looks like a solid bag. Only issue is the price tag. Bit too rich for my blood.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
                  Looks like a solid bag. Only issue is the price tag. Bit too rich for my blood.
                  I've seen the MTP BA issue ones pop up on ebay for around £40 a pop on average. You should keep your eye out there.

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                    I've seen the MTP BA issue ones pop up on ebay for around £40 a pop on average. You should keep your eye out there.

its also very good, and tbh probably as good as the Karrimor P45, especially when its free - only the fact that i'm a complete tart keeps me using my Munro!

MTP could be a problem for you guys - if you drowned it in bin full of olive dye would it be ok for field use, or would your CoC have an anurism?

Comment

Originally posted by SwiftandSure View Post
                      What exactly is a MTP BA ?Yeah checked ebay for Karimor SF but RVOPs is a better price.

Comment

What exactly is a MTP BA ?
                        British Army Multi Terrain Pattern?

Click image for larger version

Name:	250px-Multi_Terrain_Pattern.png
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	697296

Kitmonster have better prices for Karrimor

Comment

Hmm suppose €125 is a tad more reasonable...Hello Alaska & RGJ I've always thought that 45L is just slightly too big. How have you found this bag out on the ground? Does it fit under lid of backpack?

Comment

Hmm suppose €125 is a tad more reasonable...Hello Alaska & RGJ I've always thought that 45L is just slightly too big. How have you found this bag out on the ground? Does it fit under lid of backpack?
                            You can zip it up into a smaller profile using the zips for the PLCE side pouches.

Comment

There are photos of the 50L here tightened up - roughly same size as issue 35L Sabre. It was discussed on another thread.

Last edited by Docman; 19 April 2012, 18:29.

Comment

Working...
                              X