PDA

View Full Version : Rdf

Jack.s
30th April 2012, 21:08
Please tell me there is a unit in Cork that's recruiting, shows up and with minimal red tape.
Army or Navy reserve :)

Law of the sea
1st May 2012, 15:59
Why was my comment deleted?

Bravo20
1st May 2012, 16:13
MOD: You mean the comment that instead of answering the person's question you told him to go use his own initiative or did you have something helpful to contribute?

Master Of None
1st May 2012, 16:36
http://www.1bderdf.com/units.htm

And have a look at the units that mention Cork.
Depends where you are and where you are willing to travel.
(and if you have any preference for the type of soldiering you would like to do)

As for units that are recruiting, you are better off contacting them first.

Jack.s
1st May 2012, 16:38
Yeah but I am wondering which ones are actually recruiting? I can travel I live in Cork city.

Law of the sea
1st May 2012, 17:24
MOD: You mean the comment that instead of answering the person's question you told him to go use his own initiative or did you have something helpful to contribute?

Yes, that one as he started two other threads recently asking more or less the same question. In a way, I was being helpful.

Jack.s
1st May 2012, 17:42
Yes, that one as he started two other threads recently asking more or less the same question. In a way, I was being helpful.
No it was a completely different question which the information could have potentially gone out of date.
I stipulated in this thread that I was interested in any RDF unit that was currently recruiting.

Master Of None
2nd May 2012, 13:56
Yeah but I am wondering which ones are actually recruiting? I can travel I live in Cork city.

Unfortunately your timing isn't the greatest, as there has been some recruits taken on this year BUT they are mid training to enable them to go on camp this summer.
With the best will in the world it would be very difficult (nigh on impossible) to get a person security checked, hearing tested and given a medical (not to mind trained) to enable them to go on camp this summer
Best bet is to contact the individual unit and see what they say.

You may be put into a holding pattern in preparation for future recruiting but you may also be told that recruitment is not likely for the foreseeable future...

Jack.s
2nd May 2012, 16:20
Yeah unfortunately I only turned 17 in april.. couldn't be helped.
American forces aren't exactly being the most welcoming I checked them too.

trellheim
2nd May 2012, 17:04
What, the ones operating in cork ? :)

SpudGunner
2nd May 2012, 19:35
What, the ones operating in cork ? :)

Jaysus! Will someone row out and tell them their periscope is showing.

Jack.s
2nd May 2012, 22:48
Haha that's it ;)
Wanted to fly the old f-18's on camp like :L