Courses open to all RDFers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Courses open to all RDFers?

Alright, you've got your red stripe/2 stars, apart from NCO courses, what courses can you do? Are there courses open to Slua and oour DPMed brethren? Can we do tactics?

Questions, questions
    If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

There are some courses open to you which will come up from time to time. The hardest part is finding out when they are on as the flow of information from officers ond NCOs can be patchy at best. I'm sure I'v left some out. Other courses are only open to NCOs so are not listed.

NSR Courses

RIB Cox'n (1-2 weeks)
    Damage Control and Fire Fighting (3 days)
    SINCARS (1 week)*
    GPMG*

Other Courses

Occupational First Aid (1Week)
    Driver AF154 Conversion (1-2 Weeks)*
    Basic Parachuting (3 Weeks)

Courses marked with a * should become operational in 2004 if the implementation of the reorganisation plan goes ahead as planned. You will need certain qualifications or fittness levels for different courses.

Your CO will determine who goes on what course and the first you may know about it is when someone returns and tells you how they got on. Its a military organisation and not a hippy commune.

It is very unlikley that you will ever get to do tactics. If you want to that bad join the honkies.

Comment

Humph! as if I'd ever want to do tactics!

Anyways, just going to "pester" the Cheif over that para course after April.......... :D :D :D
      If you have to do it, you always have to do it right. Either it makes a difference, or it’s good practice so that when it does make a difference, it gets done right.

-Me.

Comment

can i ask sluggie to verify the fact that naval reservists of rank seaman can train on the gpmg!

Comment

Thats a bloody interesting question there...But would such training be a part of training as Seaman Gunner? As far as I know this position is not open to NSR personnel.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

So how do you find out about these courses?? Are these DFAA courses open to NSR personnel only.
            WARNING: Consumption of alcohol may lead you to believe that ex-lovers are really dying for you to ring them at 4am!!

Comment

The GMPG has been added to all NSR syllibi including the new recruit syllibus. It is on the new PNCO syllibus for instructor level training.

As I said in my post all this is part of the implemenation plan which has not been signed by the minister but which is being inplemented on a phased basis. At present my unit is training on this weapon but we have to borrow the weapon from another unit.

Full implementation of the plan may take a long time and vary from unit to unit,

Comment

I believe the NSR have a requirment for more drivers also,to Drive the Nissan,towing a boat etc. A 154 course would become available if that is the case,on the condition that you already have a full Driving Licence.
                Fail to prepare....prepare to FAIL!

Comment

"A 154 course would become available if that is the case,on the condition that you already have a full Driving Licence."

it looks as a 154 course will not be run but a
                  154 "testing program" will be, basically anyone with a full driving licence in civie st above C1 over 25 years and on the active list.
                  D1 licence prefered ?
                  Do not think this is limited to us poor honkies

Comment

Working...
                  X