Extremely low-level pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely low-level pass

The lowest flyby ive ever seen (or is possible really). One minute long. Well worth a watch.

http://www.wimp.com/viewcockpit/

Last edited by Schmigs; 30 July 2012, 23:31.

Amazing. It looks like flew between them. A fraction lower and it would have been like when Kid Sampson was cut in half by the plane in Catch 22.

Comment

He's writing checks his body can't cash.....

Comment

There is a story of C-130s doing that, until one day a guy was standing on top of a truck ...
        Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

That pilot is extremely lucky he didn't crash the plane or kill anyone on the ground. Here it is from the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post
            There is a story of C-130s doing that, until one day a guy was standing on top of a truck ...
            Comments by approval only! Now whit subtitles!A pilot C-130 Hercules decided to show off and few 5 meter/16 feet above ground level not far from a few paratr...

Comment

What country? and what jet was used in that stunt?

Comment

Once came across a operation in Gormo around 1976 when a Brit Helicopter PUMA, I think, landed ,. All Hush hush at the time, handing over something to the Gardai we thought, and a fouga appeared and did a swoop onto the small control tower or hanger and then shot up rolling into the air, A display of jet air power,, in 1976, we were really chuffed.

Comment

Originally posted by BANDIT View Post
                  What country? and what jet was used in that stunt?
                  Looks like french Alpha Jet.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

I bet the pilot was retiring and decided to give it a welly, as an unofficial "tradition", on the basis that if he piles in, he wasn't authorised,etc,etc.

regards
                    GttC

Comment

Originally posted by GoneToTheCanner View Post
                      I bet the pilot was retiring and decided to give it a welly, as an unofficial "tradition", on the basis that if he piles in, he wasn't authorised,etc,etc.

regards
                      GttC
                      I was going to ask what the chances are he is still alive / able to fly...hopefully he did retire before he killed himself and / or someone else!
                      'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

have a link somewhere about low passes in my achieves to include one from the RAF where some scewball decapitated an member of the ground crew with a wing.

Another one somewhere with a B52 flying below flightdeck of aircraft carrier.

Last edited by hptmurphy; 4 August 2012, 14:26.
                        Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Friend of mine witnessed an accident in Canada where an Army Air Corps chopper crew were frigging around, flipped the chopper and cut some SNCO in half with one of the rotors. So he tells me anyway. Gazelle, if my memory is correct.
                          'History is a vast early warning system'. Norman Cousins

Comment

Buccaneer pilots were reputed to pick up tumble weed when flying at Red Flag.

When converting from Buccaneers to Tornados, one pilot is reputed to have asked another, more experienced Tornado pilot at what point the Wing in Ground Effect kicks in, as he had tried it several times, but couldn't get it. It seems it doesn't.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead

Comment

Could be to do with the tornado's variable geometry.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X