Boots Meindl or Matterhorn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots Meindl or Matterhorn

Right im headin off soon to purchase a pair of boots but am undecided as to what type. It is boiling down to a choice between Meindl army pro's or a pair of matterhorns.
    Anybody have any advice, suggestions, or even other boots woth considering?

these are good at 70 yoyos

You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

do you know anyone that has them or any feedback on them? I got a pair of tracpacs during the summer but the leather is just far too soft for my liking they are a good barrack boot but not much use for tactics or even on the range.

Comment

I have a pair of Meindl, and like them.

Have also heard great things about the Lowa mountain boot.

Comment

i have them as a "field" boot, i feel they do a great job, good value too
          You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

cant go wrong with meindl's, i wear them all the time civvie's and in the hill's and would wear nothing else,

keep safe.

Comment

Whats the story with new issue boots. I hear that some units are getting a new issue boot, that is not the barrack boot, this seems contrary to what the RDFRA were saying on their website:

http://www.rdfra.ie/Boots%20Operational.htm

I know that the only boots I’ve ever had are the issue barrack boot, one pair of which I’ve resoled 3 times as they are really comfortable on the ground.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember getting the old Blackthorns that the grips fell off, I remember in recruit training we had to get our boots resoled after a week , as they were in tatters after a week of square bashing!!
              "Dwight D. Eisenhower: The best morale exists when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear it it's usually lousy.

Comment

The Pro-Boot is also very good.
                "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

I also recommend the Meindl, the Pro-boot are just as good. I havent found the ops boots that good for ankle support.
                  Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                  http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

Meindl... Pah! happy go hiker boots...

ill stick to my matterhorns!
                    Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Go out and buy this months "Combat and survival". There is a great article on the best combat boot and compares 9 different types. Personnally I went Meindl Army Pro. Stood the test for 3 years now and still look good as new with a good waxing. If you are in cork, Maher sports sell them (Army Pro) for €215 with a 10% army discount so you will be paying €193-50. A lot of other places charge €225.

I will admit, it took a week or 2 to get used to them. They are higher than the average combat boot and my calf muscles would get sore after prolonged use due to the extra height. That disappeared after a week though and I swear by them now.
                      Last edited by Docman; 8 December 2003, 19:53.

Comment

Actually those boots from james boylan are not great, a friend of mine got them and they fell apart. What a waste.
                        If your not in bed by 4 o' clock it's time to go home!

Comment

Right so Meindls it is seeing as so many here rate them must go try a pair on for size!:p cheers lads

Comment

Meindl, sex for feet.......ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Regards etc

Comment

Ok, Got out my copy of C&S (December 2003). The article reviews 8 different types of boots that the author, Bob Morrison, has been wearing for different assignment over the years.

Alt-berg Desert
                              Magnum Classic
                              Magnum 8" Elite
                              Magnum 6" Elite
                              Meindl Eagle
                              Meindl Army Gore (The shorter version of Army Pro)
                              Lowa Combat GTX
                              Brit Army issue Pro-Boot

Of these, only the last 3 are suitable for irish temperate weather. The others are either for desert use, hot mediterranean climates, or street patrolling. The article goes into a lot of detail and compares things like Grip and lacing system.

In the final analysis, the author selects the Lowa Combat GTX as the best all rounder military boot with the Meindl Army gore coming in a close second. Another honourable mention is the Hanwag special forces GTX which he holds on a par with meindl. Don't know where you can get Lowa boots in Ireland though!

For all you matterhorn users, it doesn't get a mention.

Lowa www.aarondistribution.co.uk
                              Meindl www.meindl.de
                              Hanwag www.hanwag.co.uk
                              Magnum www.magnumfootwear.co.uk
                              Alt-berg www.altberg.co.uk

The winner
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X