New Air Corps navigation waypoint...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Air Corps navigation waypoint...

...it's my house in West Wicklow. Clearly, the OC Heli Wing (or what ever multiple number they're calling themselves these days) has ordered the new "GttC" upgrade to his 139's navigation database. The pilot, instead of following the N81 to the Glen, like in the old days, has to follow an arrow on his nav display, which leads directly to my house, over which he will then orbit until the nav system updates the route with an arrow pointing at the Glen, which he can clearly see from 501 feet over my house. Just like the guy who's just left.........incidentally, the Army nav system is clearly linked to the Centra chain of shops as there's always a queue of Curragh lads in the local Centra, refuelling after the gruelling journey from the Curragh to Dunlavin. I'll bet the GPS symbol is a breakfast roll.

regards
    GttC

I've noticed the Coastguard heli no longer circles my house at 8am on a saturday morning since the scanner died. Wondering now was it also transmitting....

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie fish View Post
      I've noticed the Coastguard heli no longer circles my house at 8am on a saturday morning since the scanner died. Wondering now was it also transmitting....
      Yep, most receivers transmit a signal - the local oscillator can be detected from some distance away, with the right equipment. Has been used to find spies over the years.

Though this just might be outside the concerns of the CG

Comment

That's what they want you to think....

Comment

goldie is a spy!!!!.......are you more james bond or johnny english?
          An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Funny you mention it, A girl asked me once what I did for a living. When I said "Civil Service" she heard "Secret Service" and went off on a tangent about how she often heard it mentioned on the news and how nobody knew what the secret service budget was for and here she was finally after meeting one.

In an equal opportunities world, I like to think I do many of the duties carried out by Ms Moneypenny.

Comment

james bond or johnny english
              ?

Think more along the lines of Austin Powers!
              Covid 19 is not over ....it's still very real..Hand Hygiene, Social Distancing and Masks.. keep safe

Comment

Yeah Baby, YEAH!

Comment

Think there one of these waypoints out near me...but then maybe I was hallucinating when I saw an AW139 at 1130 this morning in rural Wexford...
                  "Gentlemen, you can’t fight in here...this is the War Room!"

Comment

Working...
                  X