Appointment to the post of Secretary General of the Department of Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appointment to the post of Secretary General of the Department of Defence

At its meeting yesterday the Government approved the appointment of Mr. Maurice Quinn to the post of Secretary General of the Department of Defence with effect from 2nd October 2013 on the retirement of Mr. Michael Howard.
    Mr. Quinn is currently the Assistant Secretary for Tourism and Corporate Services at the Department of Transport, Tourism and Sport. Until March of this year he was an Assistant Secretary in the Department of Defence and has a comprehensive knowledge of Defence matters. Aged fifty three, he was educated in Ardscoil La Salle in Raheny, and in Trinity College, Dublin. .

In accordance with the TLAC arrangements for Secretaries General, Mr. Quinn’s appointment is for a 7 year term.

Speaking in relation to the current Secretary General, Mr. Michael Howard, who will retire later this year the Minister said “Since taking up Office in March 2011 I have worked closely with Michael on the Defence portfolio. On the announcement of his successor today I would like to take this opportunity to thank him for his outstanding public service, and for his dedication, drive and commitment to the achievement of results in the Defence arena. I also want to thank him for his expertise in representing the State on many occasions in the International arena and in particular at EU level. As he looks to his retirement later this year I hope that he will enjoy a long and happy retirement”.

3 July 2013

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.
Working...
X