PDA

View Full Version : RDF Recruiting in Meath Area.

Hysteria616
13th August 2013, 12:58
Hi lads,

I want to join the RDF. I know that many places aren't recruiting until next year. I live in Trim, Meath and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what units are recruiting in my general area and when will they be recruiting? I was told already to go to 27th E Coy this Wednesday @ 2000 on boards.ie but if they're not recruiting I'd like some alternatives.

Thanks.

trellheim
13th August 2013, 13:30
No RDF units are recruiting at the moment. An overall ban remains on enlisting personnel until the re-org shakes out, likely as mentioned not till 2014. Although a unit may tell you it is recruiting you will not be enlisted/attested. Keep an eye here or on boards for more.

Many rural posts closed in the re-org and the advice above is likely correct for your closest unit. Dublin probably your next nearest.

DeV
13th August 2013, 13:33
When recruitment reopens your options in the general area are:

Navan
Mullingar
Cavan
Dundalk
McKee Bks beside Phoenix Park in Dublin

http://www.defence.ie/WebSite.nsf/Release+ID/9717E770E30193F480257ABC005F07A6?OpenDocument

Hysteria616
13th August 2013, 13:36
Thanks lads,

I'm going into Navan tomorrow to see them and see if I can get my name down for next year.

Hysteria616
13th August 2013, 13:54
Thanks,

Is it worth my while going up to see them anyway? Maybe to get my name put down on a list or something. Or will I be likely turned away at the door? It means I've to take the evening off work if I do.

Truck Driver
13th August 2013, 15:45
When recruitment reopens your options in the general area are:

Navan
Mullingar
Cavan
Dundalk
McKee Bks beside Phoenix Park in Dublin

http://www.defence.ie/WebSite.nsf/Release+ID/9717E770E30193F480257ABC005F07A6?OpenDocument

Don't think there are any RDF elements in McKee now, from what I remember

DeV
13th August 2013, 16:01
Thanks,

Is it worth my while going up to see them anyway? Maybe to get my name put down on a list or something. Or will I be likely turned away at the door? It means I've to take the evening off work if I do.

Depends on the unit

SwiftandSure
13th August 2013, 21:00
It means I've to take the evening off work if I do.

If the RDF parade nights conflict with your livelihood, then you may want to consider your options. The Reserve will only have a negative impact on your finances at the best of times if you're already gainfully employed.

There will be an expectation on you to parade regularly, which will mean having to compromise on your availability for work. If your employer doesn't mind and you can afford to take the hit financially, then crack on. It's a great experience, but that's all it is at present.

Bam Bam
13th August 2013, 21:12
Job first.

As much as I enjoy my time with the reserve, do not give it priority over your work.

DeV
13th August 2013, 21:52
Thanks,

Then leave it for a night your not working or phone them on a break during the night (I'm sure someone here can put you in touch)

Also they may be on a break for the summer

Hysteria616
13th August 2013, 23:44
Cheers. It's only a summer job that I won't be able to keep come September as I'm back in college, so that doesn't matter. Yeah, if somebody is familiar with anyone in E Coy in Navan, then could you please send me a message with some details. That'd be great.

Thanks for all the help.

SwiftandSure
14th August 2013, 09:35
I think I heard that that unit is on a training break at present, so probably best not head up tonight. I'm sure someone here will be able to PM with more info.

Bam Bam
14th August 2013, 20:15
I will say that Navan has some excellent instructors. Hands down some of the best in the RDF.

morpheus
15th August 2013, 14:23
I will say that Navan has some excellent instructors. Hands down some of the best in the RDF.

If you dont choose Navan, join the cav!

Seriously though, Navan is probably your best bet, a couple of troops are from Trim I believe so you may even be able to car pool. PM sent anyway!

beenthere
15th August 2013, 18:40

Of course they are, as I trained them myself.:biggrin:

beenthere
15th August 2013, 18:47
Cheers. It's only a summer job that I won't be able to keep come September as I'm back in college, so that doesn't matter. Yeah, if somebody is familiar with anyone in E Coy in Navan, then could you please send me a message with some details. That'd be great.

Thanks for all the help.

PM me and I will point you in the right direction.

Truck Driver
15th August 2013, 20:27
PM me and I will point you in the right direction.

Of course they are, as I trained them myself.:biggrin:

Nothing like banging your own drum, eh ? :)
There's a few imports there now, though
Long time no hear, Beenthere. Will be down in the Royal County myself on Saturday...

morpheus
16th August 2013, 11:04
if you didnt train the blow ins then you didnt train the "good" instructors :)
but dont worry, apparently they've upgraded the other instructors through osmosis lol