Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom (Towser) Walsh RIP

From RIP.ie:

WALSH (Bray, Co. Wicklow and formerly of Beaufield Park, Stillorgan, Co. Dublin) – September 25th 2013 (peacefully) at St. Columcille’s Hospital, Loughlinstown. Thomas (Sarg); He will be sadly missed by his loving children Wayne, Sarina and Jonathan, grandchildren Jordan, Lee, Karl, Dylan, Molly and Ella, sisters Teresa and Phyllis, brothers-in-law, sister-in-law, nephews, nieces, aunt, cousins, relatives and friends May he Rest In Peace. Reposing at Patrick O’Donovan & Son Funeral Home Sallynoggin (Opp Sallynoggin Church).. Removal tomorrow (Saturday) morning to the Church of the Most Holy Redeemer, Main Street, Bray arriving at 9 50 o’clock. Funeral immeditley after 10 o’clock requiem mass to Deans Grange Cemetery.

Tom (Towser) was a Sgt in B Coy 21 Inf Bn FCA

May he rest in peace.
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Rest in Peace

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Rest in Peace

Comment

A still from a video of Towser RIP (yes he is wearing the helmet over a beret!) operating a 77 set at a 81mm Mor shoot in the Glen in 1987.
        "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Comment

Rip

Comment

Working...
          X