USP Holster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USP Holster

Looking for a good USP holster. Not interested in a drop leg. So looking at hip mounted options (one with an option to mount onto a vest would be nice). I see a lot of lads with the SERPA but I'm not 100% on it.
    "Many a time a man's mouth broke his nose"

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Protac duty holsters now have MOLLE fittings to mount on vest or belts.Just saying.
    "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

the protac dropleg one can go on a belt too.
      looks uber Gucci aswell.............
      hedons have more fun.

Comment

There's a lot of anecdotal information about the positioning of the release button on the SERPA leading to NDs.
        "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by apod View Post
          Protac duty holsters now have MOLLE fittings to mount on vest or belts.Just saying.
          Yeah I don't like the fold over part of the pouch. As opposed to a thumb break / open ended holster

Originally posted by FMolloy View Post
          There's a lot of anecdotal information about the positioning of the release button on the SERPA leading to NDs.
          Yeah that's why I'm reluctant to get one.

"Don't waste money buying expensive binoculars. Simply stand next to the object you wish to view."

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman View Post
            Yeah I don't like the fold over part of the pouch. As opposed to a thumb break / open ended holster

Yeah that's why I'm reluctant to get one.
            I've a SERPA and no problems.. The USP has two safety's so I think you'll be ok.

Comment

I go over the differences of the two and some shout outs and to my peps.

Comment

An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Capin Steele 'your gonna need my ranger boys when we hit the 5 yard line! were done here!!'

Comment

i got a new belt n holster in protac last year major improvement over older ones.

Comment

Protac only do the issue style belt holster nowadays (dropped in a few weeks ago). The drop leg doesn't fit properly on a belt as it has 2 of the drop leg straps permanently attached so you're left with 2 long straps flapping around. It does however look the mutts mutts. But it looks so Gucci it'd attract attention! Good bit of kit tho.

Still haven't found an appropriate one at an appropriate price. It also now has me wondering on the best position for wearing a pistol. I've noticed some lads with pistol in cross draw position, eg. Pistol butt facing outwards on left hip. For right handed draw.

Comment

there's probably an element of where you are wearing pistol going to need to be taken into account, barrack duties, ops, overseas,etc. the first will probably limit choices the others will give a bit more lee-way. is the pistol going on a belt, vest, etc.

which brings up the question of internal pistol holsters on vests. a bit useless when you think about it. secure but no way you'll get to it quickly. if you do think you'll need it, it's just going to be popped in another pouch, etc.
                        An army is power. Its entire purpose is to coerce others. This power can not be used carelessly or recklessly. This power can do great harm. We have seen more suffering than any man should ever see, and if there is going to be an end to it, it must be an end that justifies the cost. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

Comment

Protac only do the issue style belt holster nowadays (dropped in a few weeks ago). The drop leg doesn't fit properly on a belt as it has 2 of the drop leg straps permanently attached so you're left with 2 long straps flapping around. It does however look the mutts mutts. But it looks so Gucci it'd attract attention! Good bit of kit tho.

Still haven't found an appropriate one at an appropriate price. It also now has me wondering on the best position for wearing a pistol. I've noticed some lads with pistol in cross draw position, eg. Pistol butt facing outwards on left hip. For right handed draw.
                          Back of the waist band man! Thought youd know that
                          "He is an enemy officer taken in battle and entitled to fair treatment."
                          "No, sir. He's a sergeant, and they don't deserve no respect at all, sir. I should know. They're cunning and artful, if they're any good. I wouldn't mind if he was an officer, sir. But sergeants are clever."

Comment

**** cross draw. I never understand why people would use it.

Keep the pistol on your strong side, far more natural movement into a firing position.

Comment

Originally posted by Fridge Magnet View Post
                              **** cross draw. I never understand why people would use it.
                              Main reason was that in the old days when the issue holster had the spare ammo mag holder built into the holster, it allowed you to draw and have the spare mag near your left hand for reloads. Nowadays the spare mag is supposed to be in a separate mag holder on the left side and the holster on the right. The again, the holster still has a spare mag holder built in.

Comment

Working...
                              X