Nordic Battlegroup 2015 Requirements and Specifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nordic Battlegroup 2015 Requirements and Specifications

For those of us intrested in ireland's participation in battlegroups in 2015, the Swedish military have published the following requirements and specifications document

happy reading

Tyvärr kan sidan du försökte nå inte hittas. Det kan bero på att sidan är borttagen eller att adressen i webbläsaren är felstavad. Kontrollera gärna stavningen och försök igen.

They've now published an ORBAT, although the exact equipment of the Irish isn't specified:

Tyvärr kan sidan du försökte nå inte hittas. Det kan bero på att sidan är borttagen eller att adressen i webbläsaren är felstavad. Kontrollera gärna stavningen och försök igen.

Quality resource: http://www.forsvarsmakten.se/nbg15/
    Last edited by pym; 16 May 2014, 19:49.

Comment

my mil symbols are behind I see... excellent resource
      "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

the istar company will be on exercise in Sweden for the first two weeks in November, tender went out today for a ship to move over the equipment

Comment

Pics of the equipment being loaded onto the ship in Ringaskiddy:

Army vehicles being loaded onto a ship in Ringaskiddy as part of the Nordic Battle Group. The ISTAR (Intelligence, Surveillance, Target Acquisition and Reconnaissance) Task Force unit are today (21 Oct) loading their armoured vehicles onto a ship in Ringaskiddy in order to take part in an evaluation exercise in Sweden in the coming weeks.

(I don't see LTAVs?)

Comment

Probably broke down on the way there.
            It is only by contemplation of the incompetent that we can appreciate the difficulties and accomplishments of the competent.

Comment

Those problems have been fixed.They are very much part of the ORBAT for NBG.There were LTAV's on the UNIFIL MRE this week also.
              "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Ltavs fixed bold statement

Comment

Ltavs fixed bold statement
                  In before me I see !
                  "Are they trying to shoot down the other drone? "

"No, they're trying to fly the tank"

Comment

EU:s stridsgrupp kommer hit…
                    Försvarsmakten genomför slutövning med EU:s stridsgrupp Nordic Battlegroup i mellersta och södra Sverige 3–12 november, bland annat vid Hagshults flygplats och Skillingaryd. Nu på förmiddagen anlände cirka 150 man från Irland i Skillingaryd.

So, the 150 from Ireland have arrived in Skillingaryd - had a quick look at their forecast, no snow - at least out the 8th

Comment

04 NOVEMBER 2014 KL: 18.56
                      NORDIC BATTLEGROUP
                      The ten day long, multinational, exercise Joint Action 2014, started yesterday. It is the final exercise for the Quick Response Force of the EU; Nordic Battlegroup. JA14 has been in the planning for over a year and comprises approximately 2 400 participants from seven European nations.
                      The ten day long, multinational, exercise Joint Action 2014, started yesterday. It is the final exercise for the Quick Response Force of the EU Nordic Battlegroup. JA14 has been in the planning for over a year and comprises approximately 2 400..

Comment

LMFAO. The same guy who was in the drivers seat in that pic rolled a Mowag yesterday!!I wonder was that pic taken before or after
                        "Let us be clear about three facts. First, all battles and all wars are won in the end by the infantryman. Secondly, the infantryman always bears the brunt. His casualties are heavier, he suffers greater extremes of discomfort and fatigue than the other arms. Thirdly, the art of the infantryman is less stereotyped and far harder to acquire in modern war than that of any other arm." ------- Field Marshall Wavell, April 1945.

Comment

Is that one of our LTAVs in the background?
                          For now, everything hangs on implementation of the CoDF report.

Comment

Apod do you really think its a good idea to publicly identify someone who has made a boo-boo on IMO?
                            Everyone who's ever loved you was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by na grohmití View Post
                              Is that one of our LTAVs in the background?
                              Looks like it & one of the reversible green/black snugpak jackets sitting on the Mowag too!

Comment

Working...
                              X