Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddy O'Toole ex cadre 21 Inf Bn

From RIP.ie:

O'Toole Patrick, late of Garden Village, Kilpedder and Bray, Co. Wicklow, ex member of The Defence Forces, August 8th 2014, peacefully at St. Vincent's University Hospital; will be sadly missed by his heartbroken wife Lisa, children Alex and Hannah, mother Eva, father Harry, sisters, brother, mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law, brothers-in-law, nieces, nephews extended family and a large circle of friends.

Removal to The Church of Our Lady Queen of Peace, Putland Road, Bray on Monday evening, arriving at 5.30pm. Funeral Mass at 10.30am on Tuesday morning followed by interment in Roundwood Cemetery. Family flowers only. Donations, if desired, to Bray Cancer, donation box at church.

May he rest in peace
    "Fellow-soldiers of the Irish Republican Army, I have just received a communication from Commandant Pearse calling on us to surrender and you will agree with me that this is the hardest task we have been called upon to perform during this eventful week, but we came into this fight for Irish Independence in obedience to the commands of our higher officers and now in obedience to their wishes we must surrender. I know you would, like myself, prefer to be with our comrades who have already fallen in the fight - we, too, should rather die in this glorious struggle than submit to the enemy." Volunteer Captain Patrick Holahan to 58 of his men at North Brunswick Street, the last group of the Four Courts Garrison to surrender, Sunday 30 April 1916.

Rip Paddy .... a true gent

Also ex 2 inf and Kilbride Camp staff

Comment

Great turnout today for Paddy's funeral .. Very sad, such a genuine & friendly guy.. Condolence to his family again.

Comment

Many Jesus have mercy on him. RIP

Comment

Working...
        X