Latest Heli rumour...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Heli rumour...

Just noticed on Franks board..latest tale from Baldonell is that they are seeking to lease a number(qty unknown) of EC135s to get around the lengthly tender process to replace the Dauphins,which will be sold back to Eurocopter as Part exchange...
    Possibly plausable?

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

latest heli rumour

although the EC135 is twin turbine , it still has little endurance and as a stopgap
    would have little use at sar . the u.s. coastguard uses over 100 dauphins 2's
    in the sar role . if iac helis are to be replaced , should 'nt it be the 40 year old
    Alouette 111 's. what am i missing here?

Comment

I belive that the guy who wrote that is in the IAC, and it is an Air Corps plan for replacing both types the D2 and the AIII, however that does not mean it will happen.
      It's all down to the fools in government.
      "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
      Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
      Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

If the EC-135 was chosen , a single-engined heli would also be needed for basic training. Correct ?

The Twin Squirrel was also mooted as a Dauphin/Alouette replacement.
        IRISH AIR CORPS - Serving the Nation.

Comment

latest heli rumour

do we have to always stick with Eurocopter , while there are so many other makes and models out there . i give you the bell UH-1 , well tested, 2 pilots , 14 troops
          single turbine operated by 39 countries . the UN-1N 2 pilots , 16 troops
          twin tturbine ,latest versionis the 412 also produced in italy , operated in 16 countries

Comment

The last time I suggested getting the Agusta 412 I was shot down for picking a heli that was too big.
            "The dolphins were monkeys that didn't like the land, walked back to the water, went back from the sand."

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
              If the EC-135 was chosen , a single-engined heli would also be needed for basic training. Correct ?

The Twin Squirrel was also mooted as a Dauphin/Alouette replacement.
              Because eurocopters Irish agent plays golf with all the right people.
              "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

Re: latest heli rumour

Originally posted by ranger
                do we have to always stick with Eurocopter , while there are so many other makes and models out there . i give you the bell UH-1 , well tested, 2 pilots , 14 troops
                single turbine operated by 39 countries . the UN-1N 2 pilots , 16 troops
                twin tturbine ,latest versionis the 412 also produced in italy , operated in 16 countries
                Because.....................shhhh it's a secret
                Last edited by Come-quickly; 13 February 2003, 13:18.
                "It is a general popular error to imagine that loudest complainers for the public to be the most anxious for it's welfare" Edmund Burke

Comment

C-Q, Isn't that slander? If it is the gentleman I believe you're refering to, his company didn't get the Trainer contract.

Comment

Let's refrain from slandering C-Q?

thanks for understanding.

Comment

Yes sorry about that...cough read the phoenix..cough

Comment

At first I was against leasing helicopters, but the more I think about it is becoming a good idea. The government budgets yearly on a receipts and expenditure basis, so the cost of an asset such as helicopters immediatly hit that years budget rather than over the life of the asset. Leasing, while it would cost more in the long run, would only be a gradual hit over a number of years.

Comment

heli rumour

enuf said, its the fitzie factor . o.k.but my other query....
                          the u.s.coastguard , uses over 100 dolphin 2's for s.a.r . how come we
                          can't kit ours out and use 'em for a similar purpose???

Comment

The phoenix isn't always as fair and balanced as it purports to be.

Comment

That's 'cause theirs arent overweight with piles of unecessary and out-of-date junk, I presume.
                              "We will hold out until our last bullet is spent. Could do with some whiskey"
                              Radio transmission, siege of Jadotville DR Congo. September 1961.
                              Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Working...
                              X