Reorg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reorg

When is Minister Smith going to make us the RDF and Naval Reserve?

from what i have heard over the weekend the minister has just signed the documentation making the F.C.A. the R.D.F. i may be wrong but it was an officer that said this!concerning the sluath,it probably has changed as well.

Comment

The asm is now the N.S.R. the fcá is still the fcá!!!!!
      Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

http://www.iamawesome.com/

Comment

Reserve Defence Force

According to my Cadre the order was signed sometime last week or the week before. The new Bde Trg plan also holds little joy for wasters….

In a not altogether unrelated point has anyone seen any sign of the integrated reserve being set up, or even some signs of life?

He also said that he has heard unofficial rumblings about an RDF shoulder-flash. Any info?

Comment

shoulder title

Yes we are getting a shoulder title for left shoulder on outer garment.Same colour as name tag same shape as ranger title with "culachta" on it or "culachta an airm "not sure which but this is fact.

Comment

Oh God visions of FCA shoulder flash (for those of us old enough to remember) are coming back to me. Personally I dont like the idea of an FCA/RDF badge to make us stand out. While we are in uniform we are expected to carry out the same tasks as our PDF brothers, wearing a flash like that will only help to differenciate the RDF from the PDF when I thought the whole idea was to integrate the two units, not make us stand out from one another.

Any comments?

Comment

We should be proud of the fact that we are in the reserve and can hold down a full time job as well as part time one.
              Whats the story, RDF?
              I taught that RDF was a Reserve Defence Forces and in that there will be / is Army Reserve (old FCA) and Naval Reserve ( old S.M.).
              Don't like the RDF title.
              The shoulder flash? A lot of units in other armys wear small sholder flashes, as long as they are not as bad looking as the old FCA one,
              How will have input to its design??? Will all reserve units have the same one??

Comment

I thought that no flashes were to be worn on the DPM? Is this flash for the No.1's?

I remember that FCA and a CO that insisted that we wore it one everything, No.1's & WD dear god no

Of course it could be another army rumour

This is RDFRA's policy since ADC 2002

12. No distinguishing badges between the RDF and the PDF in line with the Steering Group's report

Taken from that informative RDFRA website that I have slated elsewhere
                You're even dumber than I tell people

You might have been infected but you never were a bore

Comment

Well i will in my bollocks wear a shoulder patch the old FCA ones sickined me, don't get me wrong i'm proud to be a reservist be the shoulder bagde is another skeem by the PDF to make us stand out like arseholes.

Comment

Wearing a shoulder flash sayiny we are reserveists is like asking for a mocking. Its like the issued with the No.1`s, we have tryed to be treated like the PDF for years and then they come along and try and put us down even further
                    Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

"Where there is no guidance the people fall, but in abundance of counselors there is victory" Proverbs 11-14
                    http://munsterfireandrescue.com

Comment

i'm sure that the reserve flash is just a rumour, they cant even get 2 stars out for the bodies that need them.

Surely a move like this will be resisted by RDFRA

Comment

The reserve flash is more than a rumour.

Comment

Why do you say that?

If we are being reorg-ed on the basis of the steering groups recommendations then why would that introduce something that goes against those recommendations?

If RDFRA's policy is to ensure that there are no distinguishing badges between the PDF & RDF why are they not doing something about it?

Comment

Don't you think the beret is a bit of giveaway??? It's not like we're indistinguishable from the PDF. A green shoulder patch is not going to have an effect on how the PDF see us, and Joe public generally doesn't have a clue about small details like that.

Why not have a patch? I'm proud to be in the reserve, and generally alternate between thinking I should have joined the PDF and being glad I didn't for various reasons.

In time, we will lose the FCA 'fools carrying arms' perception, but only if we can show that we are better trained, committed and a different entity. Sadly, at the moment, it seems that despite the uniforms and shiny new guns, nothing else has changed. It's up to us to change PDF perception.

What do you think of that? And what else do you know about it Bravo??

Comment

Yea, the Beret stands out a tad bit more than the shoulder flash.
                              At any rate, if they can not get us most of things we're supposed to have, what are the odds of us getting a shoulder flash?
                              Sod all I'd say.

Comment

Working...
                              X