Ppl any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ppl any good?

I`m planning to go for the cadetships in 2 years time and was wondering if getting a ppl beforehand would be benificial.Would the Air Corps regard this as a major plus when applying?
    Education isn't everything, for a start it isn't an elephant

I was told that it all depends on how you present your flying hours/PPL, in other words if you swan into the interview, arrogant as fu*k, cause you have a PPL, it wont be taken very well.
    Keep the speed up...!

Comment

As far as i know a PPL doesnt matter to them as it's their way of flying and your going to start from Scratch..

Comment

I was at a careers seminar before Christmas, with a Commadant from the army giving the talk. I asked her the same question and she said that a Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Corps told her that it was an advantage to have flying experience when applying. But it was also said that candidates with PPLs were turned away in the past and others with PPLs were excepted. So, make of that what you want!
        Keep the speed up...!

Comment

I guess its similar to the gardai not accepting applications for the motorcycle course from those with a full motorcycle license,the reason being they cannot make you unlearn what you already know,to learn the basics their way.

Catch-22 says they have a right to do anything we can't stop them from doing.

Comment

Working...
          X